Lotus

Lotus' POV

I try my best to catch my breath after leaping out of the prickly green abyss behind me. I remember the leaves feeling so dense and compact, in the moment, I felt like I was being choked. But that pain wasn't even comparable to the pain I felt in my paws, which were sore and bruised as they walked on the mushy brown soil beneath me, which somewhat lessened the pain. A trail of tiny bits of crimson were left behind me as I made my pathway through the forest.

It took awhile for me to realize that of this pain- was for nothing. I just gave my possibly last lunch to a stranger. I officially hate myself. 

I collapse beneath a wispy ash colored tree, which it's branches spread out like many fingers above me. This tree doesn't bare any fruit anymore, unlike when it did when my family was around, and I just couldn't help and wonder where they we're now. I pause to ease the blood still pounding in my ears and the thumping in my chest. 

Along with a sense of relaxation, a calm gentle breeze swept across the forest floor along with a taste of many old memories of when I grew up here. Like how I used to run around and chase my mother around the garden, or how I climbed up on her back to help her gather berries for the two of us. I remember my mother being the most beautiful Glaceon I've ever seen, and my only wish then was to grow up to be just like her. 

Oh those were the good times. When I just used to be a big lovable goofball. Thinking about these moments almost make me want to cry, almost.

But, my old self is long gone, and shattered just like my family was, and still is, starting three months ago.

And it just gets harder and harder to accept that truth every single day when I arise. It's  like my mind knows, but my heart still refuses to listen every time, no matter how hard I try. 

My paws begin to shuffle under the wet leaves as I look up to gaze upon the dark overcast looming above me. The clouds look so low that I assumed I could just reach out and touch heaven from here.

Unexpectedly, a drop of water falls and splashed on my short snout, I lick it off, and then many more come as I find myself scrambling out of the forest, leaping across brooks, scrambling over rocks, watching as everything around me was pelted with a sparkly fine mist. 

A brighter light and tall grass would greet me to the field as I rested my paws and gasped for air. I lowered my body, shivering with cold lower into the thick grass hoping to receive the smallest bit of warmth. 

It was during times like these that I started to miss my family the most.