Part One

Luke-

  I had found out that my Mother, who is quite a strict woman, had taken it upon herself to sign me up for a BDSM type school. It wasn't as though I could ever back out, my Mother would probably kill me. Or something worse. She might want to punish me for not wanting to go, and she tended to get creative when she was unhappy. My Mum was not the type of strict that we were taught in school. No, she was more like the type of strict that would have any respectable dominant, as she would say, applauding her. The slightest thing might make her angry, and if I was ever caught slouching, ever, it would end in a verbal warning on a good day.
  In my home, submissive people are meant to be just that- submissive. They're seen, not heard. We're meant to have our back kept up straight with our shoulders back, our hands either in our lap or behind our back, our feet together and our eyes wandering nowhere but the floor.

  Tonight, though, is a week before I have my first day at the Sydney school for dominants and submissives, and my family have decided to celebrate what they thought was a gift. I hadn't wanted a celebration to even take place, but my Mum invited the entirety of my Family. I didn't get a choice in that, but then, when did I ever get a choice in the matter.
  A lot of people arrived to celebrate, and I had to be on my absolute behaviour so that I didn't embarrass her. I saw my Dad looking more than stressed with the cooking and the preparation of everything, but my Mum was nowhere to be seen so that she could comfort him in the matter- so I approached the kitchen, and he was on the floor and tugging out bits of his hair with stress. The oven timer finished, but he didn't seem to realise at all, so whilst managing to hold his hand, I took the food out of the oven instead. My Mum eventually came into the room to check on things, only to see my Dad halfway to a breakdown and me taking his place and sorting out his food. For a moment, I was sure she would start yelling or lose her temper, but she stayed quiet, sitting beside him.

  "Why didn't you come to get me, Luke?" she complained, though she seemed calmer than she'd usually be. I look away, trying to focus on both her and the food.
  "I was about to get you, but the oven timer went off and I knew that you would be even more upset if the food was burned and we had start over- I didn't know where you were so I thought it would have taken longer to find you. I'm sorry." I was rambling, and I knew it, but it was the only way to react when I didn't know her mood.
  "It's fine," she whispered, but I knew it wasn't. I looked over to them, shushing my Father to calm him down as she hugged him tightly. I liked when she got a little softer, it was easier to do things, but I knew that it wouldn't last even as she told him how well he was doing with calming down.
  An aunt, she was my Mother's sister, entered the kitchen with caution, wanting to know what was going on. She began helping to take the food into the dining room as my Dad readied himself to continue with the preparation. I could see people with glasses of champagne, and my younger cousins all running around- or on their phones. Mum didn't like that, though. She just wanted me to teach them what I knew as a submissive.

   My Uncle hushed all the teenagers that struggled to listen, and he stayed to sit and watched as I tried to do what my Mother had wanted. It was hard and I was struggling, but eventually, it was time to start eating. All of the dominants were on one side, and all of the subs were seated on the other- and my Father sat next to me to give me and him both a confidence boost.
  "So, as we all know, my son, Luke, is going to be starting at Sydney school, and tonight's get-together is to celebrate this," a few of the other subs snickered, which made me look down- I knew I was a clumsy submissive, and I knew that I could make anything go wrong at any moment. What would happen if I disappointed somebody on my first day? My Mother would probably skin me alive for it. Dad noticed my nerves beginning to rise, and slowly stood up, walking around the table to whisper in my Mother's ear.
  "Which one's, dear?" she said with confidence, he whispers again before she pointed out the issue to each individual parent. They were taken out of the room, and everybody else was asked to begin without them. That made me nervous again, I knew that it'd only cause the others to hate me for 'snitching' on them.