"Do not touch that!" boomed Gandalf, hurrying forwards lighting up the cave with his staff. He swatted Nixie's hands away. 

The Water Nymph's arched eyebrows became furrowed, stepping away from Gandalf. "They are both mine, Gandalf," Nixie said clearly puzzled, "It is my birthright to have them." 

The Wizard huffed, "I know that Nixie," he bellowed, "But a dark force acts upon them, it will corrupt your mind if it comes into contact with skin," he warned her. 

"What do you mean a dark force, Gandalf?" Nixie was growing anxious by the second, fiddling with her hands. "Tell me," demanded the Nymph, putting her foot down onto the floor. 

"It is much darker force than you know," Gandalf glowered, "I have not seen such dark force's in the land for many of years - something from beyond the third-age."

The Nymph gulped, her fear growing rapidly. "What if I've already come into contact with said force?" Nixie asked, completely and utterly petrified. Was the voice that dark force?

The Grey Wizard, looked at Nixie gravely - his face completely frozen with fright. "Then my poor Water Child, your fate has already been decided," Gandalf spat grimly, "There is nothing to help you now."

Nervously, Nixie simpered shaking her head, "I haven't touched it Gandalf," she lied through her teeth, "I was just pondering it," the Nymph explained. He gave her a look, "Honest." 

The Wizard paused, grabbing a piece of dust covered cloth and folded up both crowns and shoved him in his insanely large pockets. The Nymph looked at her crown once more, before she dwindled back through the cave. Thorin Oakenshield was admiring a beautifully hand-crafted Elven sword, she looked envious and the Dwarf Lord noticed that; though he didn't know who had crafted the sword - that would be something to sway his opinion.

"Do you care for a sword?" Thorin queried, elevating an eyebrow as he asked the question. Carefully, the Dwarf Lord handed her the historic, grimy sword; she wielded it charmingly looking at the blade, unsheathed. "Will you keep it?" 

The Nymph beamed longingly, "It is a fine sword, Thorin," she stated, catching the mirroring silver in the light of the fire. "May it serve you well," Nixie wished, Thorin frowned at this but relaxed when she handed him back the sword. 

"It is indeed a fine blade," Gandalf piped up, startling Nixie who jumped - causing her sheathed sword to fall to the floor from her cloak pocket, that had been weighed down by the gold she had won from her bet. It clattered loudly and the Nymph went a shade of pink as she bent down to pick it up, "Crafted by no smith amongst men," the Wizard continued, "But, by the High Elves of the First Age."

The Dwarf Lord looked at the sword incomplete distaste, going to put it back in the bucket from which he drew it.  However, the Nymph was standing again and she rested her cold palm on top of Thorin's hand. "It is one of the best blades you may ever wield," declared Nixie, frowning, "You must keep it." 

Reluctantly, Thorin took the sword, tying it to his belt. From the corner of his eye, he noticed a beautiful silver belt crusted with small royal blue gems; he picked it up. "Here," the Dwarf Lord said gruffly, handing it to the woman, "It'll keep your sword firmly by your side; a lot better than that cloak pocket."

Wrapping the belt around her waist, Nixie nodded thanks to the Dwarf Lord who grunted back in response. She attached her sword to her belt with ease; it brought a smile to her face seeing it, but she couldn't deny that the belt was stunning. She decided then that Thorin Oakenshield had good taste. The Nymph remembered only then her promise to Lord Elrond; that she'd bring him back a gift, as well as the four of his children. 

Nixie quickly scanned the cave, noticing two beautiful golden bangles in a chest. They were matching and it would be perfect for the twin brothers, Elladan and Elrohir. Next, she noticed a luminous pale green pendent; probably a gem of some sort, mined long ago - the Nymph decided it would be perfect for Arwen. 

The penultimate gift was for Estel; Lord Elrond's adopted son, he was the closest to Nixie. A striking silver ring shone brightly in the sunlight that was creeping down through into the cave, conveniently it had the waves of the sea on it with light blue gems here and there. It was perfect. 

Finally, it was Elrond's turn. Nixie knew she had to get him a magnificent gift - to repay him for all he had given her over the years. This gift needed to be extraordinary, then she saw it. It was a capsule necklace, in the shape of an upside down heart, silver curls grappled the side of the glass chamber. She chanted something under her breath, opening the capsule; like that, the Nymph had given away some of her soul. So, that no matter where Nixie was in Middle-Earth, she would always be beside him. 

The Water Nymph gagged slightly as a gust of wind made the scent of the troll hoard more prominent than ever, with the rest of the Company (with the exception of Gandalf and those outside), they left the cave. All the while, Nixie's pockets had become extremely heavy and on her way out, the Princess noticed that Bofur, Gloin and Nori had all buried a chest full of treasure; that made her chuckle. 

Outside some of the Dwarves sat, looking at different trinkets that had been left outside of the troll hoard. Fili and Kili approached Nixie right away, asking her of what she had seen inside of the treasure trove. She told them of the ridiculous amount of gold in there; the priceless gems and jewels that the trolls had stolen over the past months.  

Eventually, Gandalf emerged from the cave, carrying two swords in his hands. She presumed one was for himself; whilst the other, much shorter blade was for the unarmed Hobbit. Nixie found her prediction to be correct when Gandalf invited Bilbo over, "Bilbo!" he called, "This is about your size." 

The Grey Wizard handed Bilbo the small sword, which the Dwarves seemed to deem a can opener by its size. Bilbo handled cautiously, "I can't take this," the Hobbit stated firmly, glancing from the blade to Gandalf.

"The blade is an Elvish make, which means it will glow when Orcs or Goblins are nearby," Gandalf the Grey informed the Hobbit with wide, blue eyes. Gandalf leant forwards slightly; practically bouncing on the balls of his feet. 

The Hobbit meekly looked over his shoulder, "I have never used a sword in my life," Bilbo hissed wearily, looking at the Wizard with unease. 

"And I hope you never have to," retorted the taller being, "Besides, you have plenty of capable swordsmen that would be willing to teach you basic self-defence." The Wizard continued, "I'm sure Nixie would accept if you asked politely." He carried on talking to the short creature, "Just remember this: True courage, is about knowing not when to take a life," he paused, "but when to spare one." 

A stirring within the woods startled Nixie, as it did Thorin. The Dwarf Lord yelled out to his Company, "Something's coming!" 

"Stay together and arm yourselves!" Gandalf cried, Nixie did as told unsheathing her sword and running alongside the Dwarf Lord further into the forest. 

For once, Nixie did not allow herself to overtake - she stayed at the same pace consistently. She didn't want to leave her Company for one moment; not again and especially not after the visions had happened. She was determined to protect them with all of her might. Even if it meant facing her biggest fear: death. 

A/N: If you wouldn't mind showing support by giving the story a vote, it'd be much appreciated x