4: Welcome Home

CHAPTER 4
Welcome Home

[Venessa Pov]

Throughout the car ride, Dave would try and make awkward conversation with me to which  I didn't reply. I was too busy trying to remember the way he taking me, but after awhile I gave up.

We made it to some sort of countryside and each house was widely spaced away from each other. I feel the car make a sharp left turn, which confused me until I realized we were pulling into a driveway.

"Were home." He says aloud.

I remain silent, not having the courage to do anything as I stay still. Dave makes his way out of the car and over to my side and forces me out of the car. Once I'm standing, I look around at where I was, not moving until I feel a gentle tug at my arm. He grabbed ahold of my hand and started to lead me towards the entry of his big house. Which, was tall and grey.

When we reached the front door, he swiftly unlocks and opens it. After the door was opened he leads me inside, not daring to let go of my hand. Once inside he locks the door behind us.

I glance around the house and notice a dog was staring at us through a sliding glass door from across the room.

"That's Riley," Dave says from besides me motioning to the black lab.

"Okay," I breathe out.

I could see Dave looking at me from the corner of my eye, but I try to ignore him. Moving so he wasn't so close, I look around, letting my fingertips lightly touch the wall as I pass. I soon find myself inside of his living room, which was a lot nicer than mine. I hear him make his way into the living room with me, so I glance back at him. Dave just stood there leaning against the wall behind me, his hands stuffed inside of his jean pockets, staring back at me. When our eyes meet, I quickly look down, breaking the eye contact.

"Are you hungry," he asks.

Although, I was hungry, I shake my head no. Not daring to eat anything the stranger could offer.

"When was the last time you ate," he asks.

I just stay silent, not having any confidence to speak. He makes his way closer to me.

"Answer me," he speaks again.

I let out a nervous breath, "maybe sometime this morning."

"It almost 7 p.m. Vanessa, I think you should eat something," he reasons.

"I'm not hungry," I quickly snap.

He only nods, not pushing me any further, "okay, if you're not going to eat how about I take you to bed," he suggests.

I don't respond, why does he think I would talk to him? He sighs and grabs ahold of my hand again and starts to take me up the stairs that were to our left. Once we reach the top, I follow him to the end of the hall where he opens his bedroom door and leads me inside.

Once I'm inside, I glance around the room then look back to him who was still standing in the doorway.

"I'll let you be," he says calmly then shuts the door soon after.

Right after he leaves, I make my way to bed and sit. Tears start build up in my eyes. I let my body fall back on the bed as a few tears roll down my cheek. As time goes by I can feel myself gradually becoming more tired. Before I can stop myself, my eyes close and I slowly drift off.

As I lay there, half asleep I can hear the bedroom door being opened and slow footsteps enter the room. Dave makes his way towards the bed and gently lays next to me. I don't have the energy to move away from him, so I continue to lay there when I feel him pulling my body to him. My back lightly hits his chest, as we lay there in darkness.

"Goodnight my love," he whispers into silence.

-------

(a/n) you wouldn't believe how much I had to edit this chapter lol.