1: My Love

CHAPTER 1
My Love

{Dave Pov}

As I stand in the dark watching her through one of the many windows this house has scattered around the living room. I wait in silence as I see her stand from the couch and make her way to the next door bathroom. I peek down at my phone and notice that it's 11:57 p.m. and by now I have caught on to her nightly routine and she should be going to bed soon. So, I quietly make my way to the front door and unlock it with the key they leave underneath their 'welcome' mat.

After I enter her house I head straight for the living room. I spot the tv remote and shut off the tv, but before she could come back and spot me I quickly hide in her nearby kitchen. Soon after, I see her make her way into the living room and attempt to turn off the already blank tv, she just shakes her head and turns back around to go upstairs.

As she makes her way past the front door on her way to the stairs, she notices that the door I used to come inside was left ajar. I try to stop the growing smirk as I see her fiddle with the door handle, then she slowly turns around and continues to make her way upstairs. Once I hear her footsteps from upstairs in her room I leave the kitchen and head to her bedroom.

I quickly stop when I hear her voice as she talks to someone on the phone.

"Dad, I can assure you my mind isn't playing tricks on me," She says in annoyance.

She must be talking about the tv I turned off and the door I accidentally left open.

"There's no point in trying to reason with you if you won't even take me seriously so I'm gonna go. Goodnight, tell mom I said goodnight too," She mumbles into the phone.

"Love you too." She says before ending the call. I couldn't help but notice the pain in my chest after those words roll off her tongue, but hopefully soon she would be repeating those same words to me.

Before I enter her room I wait until I know she is asleep.

Once I am sure that she is asleep I slowly go inside of her room and lay next to her on her queen sized bed.

"Goodnight my love." I whisper as I wrap my arm around her waist, gently pulling her closer to my me. I lay in silence as our bodies mold together perfectly. I wish this moment could last forever, but I know that I would soon have to leave. I rest my head in the crook of her neck and leave a gentle kiss. Entwining our legs I could hear her mumble in her sleep without being able to make out what she was saying I just smile to myself.

After closing my eyes for what felt like only a few minutes I look down and see her face nestled in my chest and gently twirl some of her hair in between my fingers. Slowly, I look over to my left at the clock that rested on her nightstand and saw that it was now 3 in the morning. I let out an inaudible sigh and gently untangle our bodies from each other. I stand up and move to the window, but before leaving I take one last glance at my beautiful girl, who had a slight frown on her face. I smile and turn back around and climb down from her window until I reach the ground. Once I see that no one had seen me hop from their neighbors window, I walk over to my black Range Rover and get inside. Quickly reviving the engine I pull out of my parking spot and speed off to my house, which so happened to be 2 hours away.

___________________

*2 Hours Later*

I pull into my driveway and step out of my car and head to my front door and hastily unlock it. Before I was able to fully close the door behind me and step inside my black lab jumped onto me causing me to stumble backwards.

"Hey Riley, what's up bud," I say with a chuckle, pushing him off of me. Climbing the stairs that were to my left I make my way to my bedroom, that I would soon share with Vanessa. I glance around the room and smile in thought of how my life would soon change when she is here with me.

Stepping inside, I quickly change into a new pair of jeans and a grey hoodie, before I head back downstairs to my kitchen. Once inside I open my fridge to find that most of the food I had stocked in here was Vanessa's favorites. So, I decide against eating something from the fridge and move to the nearby cupboards and grab a granola bar. As I'm about to leave the kitchen I get a scoop of dog food and refill my dog's bowl.

Heading back to the front door, I yell a quick goodbye to my dog and walk back to my car and get inside. I drive to a local store and get everything I needed for the plan I had been working on to make that girl mine.

———-

(a/n) What do you think Dave's plan is?