Play Time and Quirks

Words: 3068

(Y/N) walked outside, her bare feet were cushioned by the soft green grass. Her now dirty (F/C) (F/A) hung from her hand its feet sweeping the ground picking up soil. A warm breeze flew by picking up her (H/C) locks. (Y/N) sat her toy down in front of a bush, only for it to flop over. It didn't catch her attention, she rushed to the side of the yard and waited a second. She hummed a little tone as she walked slowly in front of the toy. She stayed in place as if she were waiting for the 'audience' attention. A small second passed, she bowed and held up her hands as if holding a violin. She glided her hand up and down, playing the imaginary music for the world in her mind. She hummed the tune softly and looked out at the stuffed animal in the garden. To her, it was millions upon millions of chairs, every one occupied with a person spectating her talent in awe.

Hizashi watched her in amusement from the front window. He chuckled at her small dancing to her own voice, he could tell she would take after him when she grew older. Shouta came up behind him with the couple's morning coffee, he placed his husband's on the table in front of him and sat down next to him holding his own.

"Zashi, what's she doing?" He questioned staring at his daughter waving her hands in the air holding nothing. It had been two weeks since the toy story trip and a month since they adopted her. They had everything thing ready for (Y/N), her room, her car seat, her spot at the dinner table everything. He looked out at their daughter puzzled. Yes he had worked with children, but never had he seen them play like that. The only games he had heard them talk about would be truth or dare and seven minutes in heaven. Five year olds are different than teenagers Aizawa. (The man lives under a rock, I swear)

"She's playing you idiot!" Hizashi laughed. Shouta turned back to his daughter playing outside, his lips twitched against a smile as his husband swayed to the pretend music. He tapped his fingers against his mug deep in thought.

She hadn't shown any signs of a quirk yet and she was nearly six years old. Perhaps she would be quirkless, the raven haired man shuddered at the thought. Passing through the park, he and Hizashi had noticed a green haired boy constantly being picked on for not having a quirk by a rather hot headed ash blonde. The last thing he would ever want for his daughter, who had turned out to be much more well mannered and behaved than he had anticipated, she didn't need nor deserve that repeated experience.

He snapped out of his thoughts he heard Hizashi clap and cheer. He nearly dropped his cup and spilled the scorching hot liquid all over himself. He looked out the window and saw (Y/N) all done with her 'performance' and bowing to the little (F/C) (F/A). He feel an elbow jab into his side and turned to see his spouse urging him to clap applaud with him. Shouta placed his coffee on the table in front of them with an eye roll and clapped. He wasn't prepared for the excited glint in (Y/N)'s when she saw her two fathers clapping for her, he hesitantly and involuntarily clapped faster. not quite Hizashi's speed but faster than he was before.

Why am I clapping more? Shouta thought to himself, oblivious to his own emotions. Little did he know, that he deeply cared for (Y/N) and how she felt. Of course he knew he loved her and wanted to protect her, but why did seeing her so happy
motivate him? Why did her emotions affect his own so much? Shouta was still getting used to being a father, not so much the responsibility as having a roof over the child's head, but rather how the family had so much of an impact on each other.

In just four short weeks, he had seen how (Y/N) has opened up and was much less hesitant to meet new people and confront her fathers to talk or play. Shouta tried to think if it was because of the impact they both had on her, or if it was just because she was away from the hellhole called Abiko Aimi Home for Troubled Children. the negative hero was blind from reality and figured it had nothing to do with him at all.