Some Assembly Required

Words: 2376

Getting everything settled for a child was not as easy as it sounds. The first few nights (Y/N) slept on the sofa, so they could take time to prepare her room. This didn't help the already sleep deprived Shouta. They stayed up late to form an attack plan of how to go about the room on multiple occasions. This schedule seemed ineffective to the loud, energetic behavior of Present Mic. Despite the lack of sleep, Hizashi remained as happy as could be, possibly because now they had a daughter of their own and he wanted to set a good example.

His spouse was a different story, Shouta was especially annoyed with his husband during that time. Less sleep adding to his already grumpy mood, he did his best to not lash out, especially in front of their new daughter. After all, they had just adopted her, he didn't want her to think of him as a horrible person. He had frequent headaches, and he found (Y/N) was a good distraction from the feeling.

Shouta sat down on the sofa rubbing his tired eyes. (Y/N) was sat next to him coloring in the same book she had brought from the orphanage. Hizashi had put on a kids program while he worked on her room. Shouta turned the TV off and audibly groaned. This tore the girl's attention to her father. His forehead rested on his hand with his elbow propped up on the arm of the sofa. She glanced around and placed the crayon and book down on the coffee table in front of her. The girl crawled over to Shouta and curled up next to him.

Eraser Head cocked his head feeling the sudden shift of weight on the sofa. He was met with bright, starry (E/C) eyes. Her gaze was friendly, yet concerned. The male simply rubbed her hair in response, struggling to fight against the smile that longed to show on his features. Shouta let out a breath and put his arm around her in a protective manner. (Y/N) was caught off guard and flinched slightly, however her father was too busy massaging his temple to notice. She had expected him to hit her or push her off. Memories of the orphanage clouded her mind and fogged her vision. Seeing some of the vicious older children in everyone. Despite this, she did her best not to be afraid of people, and tried to be friendly as possible.

(Y/N) settled down, coming to the conclusion that the raven haired man would not harm her. A smile graced her lips and she snuggled into his side, gripping onto his shirt. If (Y/N) were sitting on the other side of him, she would see a rare smile across Shouta's face. A feeling of warmth (it's cheesy I know) surged through the hero's body. Indescribable, yet pleasant. He lifted his hand and placed it on top of the tangled head of (H/C) locks next to him. He gently stroked the head of his daughter, his hands being cut off every so often by the small snarls in the strands.

After some time had passed and Shouta's headache subsided to nearly nothing. That is until his spouse came running into the living room and jumped in front of the two. Breaking the bonding moment the two were sharing. (I CRADLED YOU IN MY ARMS)

"Hey does the little lady want to go get some toys for her new room?!" He exclaimed, a bit to loud for his husband's comfort. (Y/N) had fallen out of Aizawa's grip and onto the (luckily) carpeted flooring. Hizashi jumped a bit at what his outburst had caused and quickly picked (Y/N) up off of the floor. She smiled in a form of showing forgiveness. The blonde ruffled her hair and turned to his husband. Shouta was rubbing the bridge of his nose, mumbling about how his headache had almost gone. When he finally looked up at Hizashi, he was greeted with two pairs of bright eyes one (E/C) and another green, through orange shaded glasses. The man audibly sighed and pushed himself up off the sofa. Earning a fist pump from the energetic voice hero.

The three made their way out of the house and into the car. Hizashi sat in the backseat with (Y/N) while Shouta drove. He did this as a safety precaution, saying it was the next best thing to a car seat until they got one for their daughter. This gave Hizashi a chance to mock his husband's driving. If they had not adopted a daughter the week before, Hizashi would be wrapped in Aizawa's scarf hanging upside down from the kitchen ceiling.