Nesting - R!Kwitanz (F)

Start from the beginning

"It's not a very good nest, I'll have to get more supplies, but it's good for now."

"Typically a nest consists of a thick nesting memory foam base, as it curls up and around with plastic stilts to aid in the nesting process." He continued, readjusting himself to be more in my lap.

"Also having bright or neat colors or patterns is good, but I've always just made mine a cosy brown." He rambled, waving his hands about as he talked.

"But I suppose you should have some choice as well. Yes?" He asked, tilting his head to look at me.

"U-uh yeah, sure." I blushed.

"It's okay, I didn't realize other anamals didn't nest." He smiled softly.

He doesn't smile like that for anyone else, not even Anï.

It's a special smile, it's vulnerable and sweet, caring.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him fully into my lap, turning to catch his lips.

He hesitantly kissed back, gently placing his hand onto my side.

I smiled into the kiss, pulling back.

We were smushed together, in the middle of a nest, cozy and warm.

"I hate to ruin the peace but I think I left the milk on the counter." I said, remembering the groceries.

"Heh, alright. I'll help you put stuff away." Tyler responded, untangling himself from me and stretching his wings.

He hopped off the bed carefully while I crawled to the edge.

~~

After we put away the groceries we decided to watch a movie.

"What movie do you wanna watch?" I asked Tyler, turning on the Roku.

"Hmmm, Thor ragnarok? That's the funny one." 

"Kay" I said, starting up the movie and laying back, wrapping my arm around Tyler's shoulders.

Near the end of the movie I noticed that Tyler had fallen asleep on my shoulder.

I turned off the movie and shifted so I could look at him.

How did I get this lucky?

I stared at his face, admiring every feature.

His plump lips, his rounded face slightly touched with stubble. 

His relaxed eyes, closed, eyelashes resting against pale red cheeks.

I reached up and brushed a hair out of his face, then smoothing his fin.

His fin twitched and his shifted. I stilled.

"Mmn Brandon..." He mumbled in his sleep.

Heh, adorable.

I moved him so he was resting on the couch instead of me, standing up and stretching.

I carefully picked Tyler up, holding him bridal style and carrying him upstairs.

I gently set him in the 'nest' and covered him with a blanket.

I changed into some more comfortable clothes and crawled into bed next to him.

I grabbed my laptop and checked discord.

1 message from Diesel.

Hey bro, how's the whole Tyler moving in thing going?

Pretty good, he seems pretty happy here.

That's good, tell him I said hi.

Will do buster.

I continued looking through Twitter, instagram, etc.

I was scrolling down Twitter when Tyler rolled over and grabbed on my arm.

His wing stretched, smacking my laptop.

"Sleep." The sleepy Tyler said.

I yawned.

"Fine." I said, closing my laptop and setting it on the nightstand.

I turned off the light and laid down, shifting and laying on my side, my heavy tail behind me.

He tucked his head into my chest, adjusting his wings.

We soon fell asleep, cuddled in each other's arms.

~~

1000 words

Made for @pervenche-pluto424 on tumblr! I hope you enjoyed and I hope you have a good day/night wherever you are!

~ Ruby