Somewhere Over the Hill

"I am tired," he proclaimed among his fellow companions, traveling to the land beyond the hill. No one had done so before, but these four teenagers were determined to do so.

Lexi rolled her eyes. "Oh, come on, we're almost there! Be a man, Josh!"

The second boy, George, snorted. "Josh? A man? Lex, you crack me up."

"Do I really?" she smiled, but no one knew why she seemed so satisfied with that response.

The last companion spoke up, "Do you think that Mr. Snuggles will be okay?" This was Marina, the one who was rather ditzy, always coming up with the most random things to say, and yet, the most entertaining.

Lexi laughed. "Marina, really?"

"Uh, who is Mr. Snuggles?" Josh asked, bursting out into laughter.

"My cat," Marina responded, dreamily. This only caused for more laughter from the other three, leaving a confused Marina. "What's so funny?"

"Yo, you named your cat Mr. Snuggles!" George snorted.

Marina's cheeks began to blush at this, and so she walked away. "Somewhere over the hill, I will be normal," she muttered to herself so low that no one else could hear her. She walked in front of the group, a half mile ahead of them.

Lexi walked off into the opposite direction. "Somewhere over the hill, Josh will be mine."

"Somewhere over the hill, I won't be so athletically challenged," Josh sighed.

George looked at Marina. "Somewhere over the hill, Marina will be mine."