2 - You Inspire Him

As you come downstairs to get some breakfast, you hear some soft humming coming from the kitchen. Michael doesn't see you come in and lean on the door frame. He is pacing around the kitchen getting things to fix himself a bowl of cereal. He keeps humming a short melody over and over. He sits down at the table with his food.

"What are you humming, honey?" you ask him. He looks up at you, a bit surprised because he didn't know you were there.

"Just a song I'm working on. It's nothing." he says. He blushes. He's always shy about songs while he's still working on them.

"Ooh, what's it called?" You were genuinely interested. You loved to see the creative side of him.

"I don't wanna tell you. I want it to be a surprise," he says between bites of cereal. He gives you a grin.

"Okay," you say and laugh. "Do you want your tape recorder?" you ask.

"Oh yeah, thanks," Michael says. You run upstairs and into your room. You grab the tape recorder off the dresser and go back to the kitchen.

"Here you go, Michael," you say, handing it to him.

"Thanks, babe," Michael says as he stands up. "I'm gonna go record this real quick." he says, motioning to the stairs.

"Okay, I'll be here," you say. He turns to go upstairs when he suddenly stops. He comes back to the kitchen and gives you a quick kiss.

"I forgot a good morning kiss," Michael says with a smile. You smile back. Then Michael runs upstairs to record the song. You said you were going to be here, but you really want to hear the lyrics. Once you hear the door to your bedroom close, you quietly make your way upstairs and press your ear against the door.

Liberian girl, you came and you changed my world

A love so brand new

Liberian girl, you came and you changed me, girl

A feeling so true

Liberian girl, you know that you came and you changed my world

Just like in the movies

With two lovers in a scene

And she says 'do you love me?'

And he says so endlessly

'I love you, Liberian girl"

You open the door. "I love it!"

Michael turns his head quickly towards you, surprised. "Hey, you said you were gonna be downstairs! Liar." he said jokingly. He crossed his arms and fake-pouted.

"Well, you know I can't resist your beautiful voice," you say sweetly, walking over to him and planting a little kiss on his nose. His pout turned to an adorable smile.

"What'd you think of it so far? I know, it's not finished, and the melody's not finalized, and I might change some of the lyrics-"

You cut him off. "Michael, stop. It's perfect. I love it." You wrap your arms around him and kiss him.

"Thanks, Y/N." He blushes, smiles, and kisses you again.

You break the kiss. "Hey, Michael?"

"Yeah?" he replies.

"Who would the song happen to be about?" you ask smirking, as if you didn't already know.

"Take a guess," he says, smiling. You kiss him again.

"Hey, Michael?" you ask again. You have an important question.

"Yeah?"

"Do you love me?"

He smiles. "I love you, Liberian girl."