8 - Roses

A/N: Yes, this is late. Sorry!

You yawn and squint your eyes at the bright sun flooding in through the window of your and Michael's bedroom. You check the clock; seven AM. You look to your left for Michael, but he's not next to you as he usually is in the morning.

You think to yourself, where could he be? Why would he leave me alone? On Valentine's Day?

It wouldn't bother you as much as it does if it were any other day, but you feel that he should be here with you, especially now. You sigh and get out of bed to get breakfast and hopefully find Michael.

You start down the stairs, running a hand through your bed hair in frustration. You sigh and walk into the kitchen, expecting to find it empty, but you gasp slightly as you see what's on the table.

A bouquet of two dozen beautiful red and white roses sits on the table in an ornate crystal vase. On the right of it, a small box wrapped in red paper tied with white ribbon in a small bow. In front of both, a plate of blueberry pancakes, eggs, and bacon and a glass of orange juice.

You cover your mouth with your hands in surprise and awe as you walk towards the table. As you move closer to the bouquet, you see a small white card tucked between two flowers.

The front, in red cursive lettering, reads:

To my Liberian Girl...

You slowly unfold the card to read the inside.

Happy Valentine's Day, my beautiful Y/N. I love you to the moon and back, and there and back again. I can't explain how much my heart races when I see your smile. You don't know how excited I am to wake up with you in my arms every morning, and how overjoyed I am to fall asleep next to you at night. I can't tell you how much I love simply being with you, because I become lost for words at the sight of you. You complete me, and you make me so happy it's impossible to describe. I love you and I want to have you forever.

With endless love,

Michael

Tears start to well up in your eyes. How did I possibly find somebody so romantic and sweet? You think. I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

As you set the note down and fight back tears of joy, you feel two large hands resting on your waist.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Y/N." Michael says softly. You turn to face him, and he pulls you into a hug.

"I love you, Michael." You tell him, still overwhelmed by his note. He smiles.

"I love you more." He tells you. He places his hand gently on the back of your neck and pulls you closer until you both are locked in a passionate kiss.