"What the hell are you on about now?" Killer growled.

"What sick game are you trying to play now brother...?" Dream asked meekly, looking at him with stressed eyes.

"Nothing."

"..."

"Seriously." He deadpanned, rolling his eye. "And sit down, you look like nervous meerkats with rabies stood like that."

The two jolted, looking away quickly in embarrassment before they both slowly lowered themselves down into a sitting position on the floor. They tried to ignore the death glare they were being sent by the alpha.

"That's better." He hummed, tilting his head to the side so that it was resting on Cross' shoulder. "Now then, as you've definitely realised, Brother, we've both broken the number one rule and fallen head over heels for mortals. Or the other way round, I don't care. Point is, what to do about it?"

Dream remained silent, a short shiver running through his body as Killer rubbed his hand softly.

"Now my kingdom doesn't give a shit, I'm king and I do as I damn well please. But if you went home, first thing you'd do is blab you fat mouth to every God possible. They'd obviously be furious and rip Cross from me, most likely killing him. And I really don't want that. Believe it or not. I was actually beginning to worry that I'd have to lock you up forever, which still wouldn't work because one of your annoying friends would have to notice your disappearance and link it to me. They'd inevitably break you out and then my little secret would be spilled anyway and Cross would be cruelly snatched from my grasp once more."

Said smaller shuddered softly, pressing himself tightly against Nightmare's side and glaring at Killer and Dream constantly.

"But then luck seemed to shine on me and you came along." He grinned at Killer. "Now that my brother is so desperately in love with you, he can't tell anyone about my little illegal relationship. Imagine the joy and hope I felt when you two walked into the throne room holding hands - minus the rage I had for Cross' supposed betrayal. I realised we had a chance. You understand now, don't you brother?"

Dream swallowed weakly, ignoring Killer's stare as he gave a small nod. "Yes..." He whispered, the word coming out choked and forced.

"You can't expose me, because I'd just expose you in return." He laughed, the sound having an almost threatening edge to it. "You just have one thing to decide now."

"...And what's that?" Dream asked warily.

"Where you'll be staying of course." Nightmare glanced over at Dream's chained soul. "I'll give that back to you no problem, don't really care what you do anymore as long as you leave my kingdom alone. But you see, keeping Killer with you in your kingdom will never work. He'll be discovered in less than a week and shoved back down to the mortal realm or killed. Or you can face banishment/permanently move down there to stay with him. Yes, you'll never be allowed up here again, but you'd still be a god."

Dream was silent, staring down at the floor in thought.

"Well what are you picking?" Killer asked, glaring coldly at Nightmare.

"Us?" He laughed, pulling the small bean close to his side. "I can get away with anything I want here, of course he's staying."

"Doesn't he have a family back down in the mortal realm?"

Cross looked away, giving a barely noticeable nod. "A brother..."

"And won't he miss you?" Killer asked, raising an eyebrow.

He shrugged, avoiding eye contact with them and instead picking at the fabric of Nightmare's hoodie cuff.

"So you don't care?"