Abel

"Tell me how it feels, sitting up there, Feeling so high but too far away to hold me, You know I'm the one who put you up there!" I sing as I wait for my parents to notice i'm up at 6:30 AM listening to pop songs.

"Hey, Angela, since your up at 6:30, might as well get your stuff ready!" My dad suggests as he gets my clothes ready for me.

"Okay, dad," I reply as I start to get my clothes on."

"Turn it up, it's your favorite song, Dance, dance, dance to the distortion,Come on, turn it up, keep it on repea-!" I sing as I get cut off.

"What are you doing?, Angela, get your shoes on!" My dad says as he rushes into my room.

"Dad, it's 6:35 AM, school starts at 8:30, I have almost 2 hours to listen to my pop music and get ready, please let me jam in peace for a few minutes." I state, annoyed.

"Okay Angela, you do have quite a point, my young smarty." My dad complements.

"Work, work, work, work, work, work, You see me I be work, work, work, work, work, work!" I sing as I get my shoes and coat on while I check the time and see that it is currently 7:05. 

I wait for school and listen to more music.

I had my dad take me to school.

"Hey, Jasmine!" I greet as I see her.

"Hey! Did you hear about the school talent show in a few days!" Jasmine enthuses.

"No, I didn't, actually, thanks for telling me!" I reply,  thankfully.

"Yeah, You're obviously gonna win, you should enter" She suggests.

"You're right Jasmine, I should enter the contest!" I say, with confidence pretty much radiating inside of me.

Instead of actually paying attention in class I just copied off of my friends and wrote songs for the talent show, it happened in LA (Language Arts) (Second Period), Science (Third Period), and Math (Fourth Period).

So, after all those classes, we went to lunch, and after we got our food, I sat right with my friend group.

"Hey, everyone!" I greet.

"Hey, Angela!" Adam, Micheal, Jasmine, and Abel greet.

"So hows everything been, Abel?" I ask.

"Life's at home has been really bad, mom and dad are getting a divorce and I think it's my fault, I think if I remove myself from their lives and this world, their and everyone else's life I alter or have a part in in any way, shape, or form with will be better." Abel laments.

"Abel, you did nothing wrong, you are an amazing friend, and a great person who I only have good things to say about, you committing suicide will only make them sadder, you matter to them like you matter to us." I say, lovingly.

"Thank you, I sincerely thank you from the bottom of my heart, I will no longer consider suicide because of you and everyone else who truly care and love me, you have taught me to think about the positive things in life over these past few years, I truly thank you and you are the only reason why I am alive today." Abel says, sincerely.

"Wow, Abel, I'm so happy that I actually influence someones life in a significant way that isn't just enthusing about pop songs." I reply.

"Thank you for all the help, you are truly amazing." Abel says.

"Abel, I want to dedicate a song to you, I would like your permission before I go along with that." I ask.

"Yes, I would love for my story to be shared  and potentially help the suicidal and depressed people in the world, to teach them that people care about them!" Abel approves, happily.

After Study Hall and more math (and gee do I love those), the day ends.

While I was going home I got a text from Abel "Hello, I've been wanting to ask you this for a long time, will you go out with me?". I didn't know what to think, I didn't know what to say, I've had a gigantic crush on him for a long time, I was kind of shocked he liked me, even though it was kind of obvious.

"Yes, I will go out with you, Abel." I text back.

That was the best day of my life.