Graystripe

I walked back to camp with a rabbit, squirrel, and a thrush clamped in my jaws. I strutted proudly into camp with my catch.

"Looks like you've been hunting," Bluestar commented from the fresh kill pile. She was sitting with Whitestorm sharing a rabbit.

"Yes," I replied. "I've been out since halfway to sunhigh."

It was nearly sunhigh now, so my catch was considerably impressive, given how long I was out. I walked to the fresh kill pile and put my catch on it, choosing a large starling for myself, and walked over to eat with Fireheart. I dropped the starling and sat next to him. Fireheart was too busy eating a water vole to talk, so we just ate in silence.

"How's Silverstream" Fireheart asked when we had finished eating.

"Purrfect, as usual," I purred (THE PUN IS INTENDED).

"Glad to hear it," Fireheart meowed.

"I was just going to see her, actually," I confessed.

"Im not stoppin' you," Fireheart promised.

"Okay, I'll see you later. Cover for me, will you?"

I dashed through the woods toward Fourtrees, exited to see Silverstream again. But I made it to the sacred Gathering place, and she was nowhere to be found. Paws thudded down onto my spine.

Grunting with pain from the weight on my back, I crouched down. I wouldn't be able to hold the weight much longer.

"Ha! I beat the all-mighty Graystripe," A light-hearted voice cried.

"Oh, its just you," I sighed in relief.

"I've found us a new spot to meet. Come on, I'll show you," Silverstream bolted from the clearing, me following close behind.

We stopped at the edge of clan territory, ThunderClan and RiverClan's borders meeting. Silverstream and I were careful not to stray into each other's territory, to avoid any cat finding out about our secret meetings. We could walk with our pelts brushing now that we were leaving clan territory. A few tail-lengths ahead Silverstream stopped at a massive willow. She dissapeared into its dangling fronds, and I followed. Inside was a small hollow, covering only the area the willow did with its vines. There was a small waterfall bubbling from a crack in a boulder, and splashing down into a pool of crystal clear water.

"Isn't it beautiful?" Silverstream breathed.

"Nothing will ever be as beautiful as you," I murmured, pressing my muzzle into her shoulder.