Chapter 23

"Where is she?!"

Jennie ran hysterically around the airport. Seulgi and Irene were checking Jisoo's flight at the counter while Lisa hung on to Jennie.

"Calm down, Jennie. Seulgi unnie's checking with the airlines."

Jennie spotted Seulgi and pulled herself away from Lisa's grip. She ran towards Seulgi and Lisa was pushing Chaeyoung's wheelchair; rushed up towards Seulgi as well.

"Did the passenger go on board the plane?"

"Let me check, Miss Kang."

"Hurry up!"

Jennie was panicking and the officer was a little annoyed.

"We're checking now, Maam. You don't have to rush us."

"This is important! My girlfriend is leaving me!"

"Jennie, calm down."

Seulgi motioned Lisa to pull her away. Lisa pulled Jennie away.

"Let me go!"

"Calm down and let the officer do her job. We'll go that side okay?"

Surprisingly, Jennie didn't rebel. Chaeyoung wheeled herself closer to her and took her hand. Jennie allowed Chaeyoung to hold her; she didn't move away. The exes didn't talk and Lisa stood further away to them; not wanting to provoke Jennie further. Meanwhile Seulgi returned with Irene with a sullen face. Jennie knew Jisoo was on board the plane.

"She's on the plane."

Jennie sighed.

"She's leaving me."

"Maybe she needs time to think some things through."

"Don't try to make me feel better. I was the one who pushed her away."

"Jennie, you can always find her. We know where she's heading to."

Chaeyoung spoke up. Jennie turned to look at her.

"You're right, Chaeyoung. What am I doing?"

Chaeyoung smiled.

"You're just anxious. I understand how you feel. Let's see if you can book the next available flight out. I'm sure your friend in US is willing to help."

"She's going to meet her ex-girlfriend."

"I understand but she left her ex for you, right?"

"Chaeng..."

"Don't think so much. Let's just check with the airlines. You must continue to fight on. Don't give up."

"It hurts for you, right?"

The rest of the girls were awkward and Chaeyoung was smiling away.

"It does but your heart belongs to Jisoo now."

"Chaeyoung.."

"Don't worry so much, Jennie. I'll be fine."

Jennie nodded her head and then turned to Seulgi. She pulled the other girl closer and hugged her tightly. Irene looked on; she knew Jennie needed someone and Seulgi was her closest subordinate in the office.

"Chaeyoung's right. Don't despair. I'm sure you and Jisoo will be fine somehow."

-

CHAENNIE's SIDE AND PAST STORY

Jennie requested Chaeyoung to stay with her. She didn't want to be alone and Chaeyoung relented. Jennie even allowed Lisa to hang around at her place to help Chaeyoung move around. Jennie just needed someone to be with her.