21

CHAPTER 21

KEYDEN'S POV

"HOW ARE you?" I immediately asked as I entered Charity's room. She immediately smiled at me but I could clearly tell that's she's hiding something. She looked uncomfortable simula noong galit na pumunta ang kaibigan ni Phoebe rito kagabi.

Was it Andrei? I don't know what they talked about but I clearly remembered the dude being so angry. Was she brainwashed by my wife as well?

Sinubukan kong alisin ang inis na lumulukob sa puso ko hindi para sa asawa ko kung hindi sa lalaki at sa isiping baka ang Andrei na iyon ang ipinalit sa akin ng asawa ngayong hindi na niya ako maloloko ngayon.

Stop hurting, heart. You don't love her. You should not love her. Don't get hurt.

I promised that I will try to focus my attention on Charity from now on. She needed me more. I need to protect her.

I sat beside her bed and held her wrist when I noticed how she tried to avoid my gaze. Something's wrong.

Hindi ko mapigilang mainis sa isipin na baka kung anu-ano ang sinabi ng lalaking iyon kagabi kay Charity. Did Phoebe send him here? To hurt Charity again?

"Hey, are you okay? What's wrong? May masakit ba sayo? Do you feel uncomfortable?" I worriedly asked.

This is the only thing that I could do for her after all the pain that I've caused her. She deserve all the care and love she can hold. Charity is an amazing woman.

"Keyden, remember the day you got married with Phoebe? You went to me during the reception. Akala ko... Akala ko, hindi mo kayang makasama nang matagal si Phoebe kaya ka pumunta sa akin. Akala ko tutuparin mo iyong ipinangako mo noon bago ka magpakasal na ako lang ang mamahalin mo.

You broke my heart that night. You promised me na ako ang papakasalan mo, sabi mo bubuo tayo ng masayang pamilya, hindi katulad ng akin. Sabi mo... Sabi mo papasayahin mo ako but you broke up with me because you can't cheat with your wife, you said." Umiiyak nitong sabi and I couldn't help but be guilty. I indeed promised her that we will build our own happy family when we were kids and I ended up falling for that vile woman instead.

"Keyden, you really didn't love me, did you? It was all just sympathy. I was happy when you said that you love me, but looking back, you wouldn't leave your beloved that easily. You didn't loved me. No one truly loved me." She shouted as she cried uncontrollably.

I suddenly remember Phoebe and how much she cared for Charity in the past. Phoebe loved her. That's why I couldn't believe how she did those things to Charity.

"Shh, Charity, don't cry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

Wala akong ibang masabi kung hindi 'sorry' because I know that even though I hate Phoebe, I still love her and I couldn't love anyone else. Disgusting heart.

"Keyden, let's leave. Hindi ba, iyon naman ang una nating plano noon? Pagka-graduate natin ay mag-iipon tayo tapos ay magma-migrate sa ibang bansa. Let's do it now. Let's leave. I-I can make you love me. Please, please give me a chance." Umiiyak nitong sabi habang mahigpit na nakakapit sa shirt ko.

I don't know what to say. Alam kong makakasama kay Charity kapag tumanggi ako. She's depressed. She's sad, and hurt. I can't just turn my head away from her.

But you did that to your own wife.

My heart throbs as I remember Phoebe's crying face that day. I wanted to run back for her but I held my ground. I was so mad at her. I was so mad that she did not deny what happened, that after all that's done, all she asked was "was it bad?".