ChapterTHREE

Chapter THREE.

I walked up to Damon’s doorstep and gave a very loud knock early in the morning but no one answered. I tried calling for him but again no answer. It was bad enough that I was awake at 8 in the morning but even worse that I got stood up by someone I’m not even interested in.  Damon had said I could stop by and read through some journals to look for any clues to this town’s history and I figured I’d give it a shot.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/3806ab3ee1ec28aba0a75d18db8fba71/tumblr_n27wjkNA911tnjqg0o1_500.jpg - Auroras Outfit

I left Damon’s place and as I was driving decided to give him a call. On the third ring he picked up “Aurora, how nice to hear from you, what can I do for you this morning” he said in a completely fake tone which only annoyed me more.
“Where are you, you know when you say your going to be somewhere you should probably be there and not leave someone hanging”

“Oh, I’m sorry did I leave you without any heads up, huh well now you know how it felt to be left in a forest full of werewolves before the full moon”. Aaah now I see why he’s being a dick, he’s mad that I bailed.

“Fair enough” I said “Now can you come meet me here or not”

“No can do I am on my way out of town as we speak”

“What a coincidence… anything I could help with?” 

“Please, me need help from you?” he said smugly

“I am a thousand years older than you” I retorted “But forget I asked, I’ll mind to my own business” and then I hung up.

I sped off heading to The Grill, thought I might as well get some breakfast or just be nosey. I walked in and sat in my usual seat. I noticed Matt wasn’t working today, we had not spoken since the night we stayed out late just talking. It really bothered me how much I was allowing myself to get so close to someone, a human none the less but there was something about Matt that pulled me towards him. It was like I was still human when I was with him, or at least I could pretend and not feel ridiculous. I thought it would be best for him to remain believing I was a human like him.

Weirdly enough Matt and one of his friends walked in. Matts eyes instantly found mine and he waved at me as he made his way over, his friend following.

“So do you come here all the time now?” He said jokingly.

“I could ask you the same thing, isn’t today supposed to be your day off?” I wittily replied.

“Yeah well there isn’t much else to do in this town” we all laughed. “Aurora this is Jeremy” he signaled to the taller boy with  short dark hair.

“Hey” said Jeremy.

“Your Elena’s little brother right?” I asked him. He nodded and then he continued to stare at me like he instantly knew what I was and that worried me. I didn’t want Matt to know about me.

“Well I’m gunna go get some fries” said Matt, “You guys want anything?”

“No man, I’m fine” replied Jeremy.

As Matt walked over to the bar I took this as my time to beg Jeremy to keep my secret. “So it’s pretty obvious you know what I am, I heard your heart rate quicken once I asked about Elena” I tried to keep my cool because I didn’t know how Jeremy was going to react.

“Yeah well lately any new person in this town is a vampire looking for something, Does Matt know about you?”

“No, and I want to keep it that way. I get the feeling he doesn’t specifically like vampires”
“That’s one way to put it. Look just promise me your not here to start trouble alright? We’ve all been through enough in this town, especially Matt.”