~Easter at Camp Campbell~

Max's P.O.V

I stuffed my face in my pillow and groaned, Neil and Nikki were trying to get me to go out for Easter.

"Easter is stupid, leave me be."

I answered, trying not to laugh as Nikki was pulling my feet and Neil was trying to pull me by my sides. I was holding onto one of the bunk bed bars, refusing to go anywhere out there.

"Come on Max! If you don't get up, I'm going to make you get up and put you in a f**king bunny suit!"

Neil said, making me roll me eyes and smirk to myself.

"You can't put me in anything."

I replied, taking one hand off the bar to flick them off but right when I did they both pulled as hard as they could and made me lose my grip.

I grunted once I landed on the floor, laying the side of my face on the floor and flipping them off. They started dragging me out by my legs as I tried grabbing at anything that would make them stop, but there was nothing.

"Now, we are going to be hunting for eggs campers! We have to wait for Max though, he's most likely gonna fight about it."

I heard David say to all the kids, they all aggreed as I heard Neil laugh a little.

"We got him!"

Neil and Nikki shouted, continuing to drag me over to them all. Why do I have to be apart of it?? What if I don't wanna, hUh?

They finally stopped dragging me, but they kept holding onto my feet as I laid there in anger. Can I just not?

"Great! Good job you two! Now, we can start looking for eggs! Me and Gwen already hid them around camp, so we will give you baskets and on the count of three you will go find them!"

Nikki and Neil lifted me up to my feet, Neil holding my hand to make sure I didn't run away. I couldn't help but blush, my heart started racing in my chest.

I couldn't hear what else David said, I was too distracted by Neil's hand holding mine. He started dragging me as I finally looked up at him, questioning where we were going.

"Neil? Where are we going, man?"

I asked, starting to walk behind him while he still held my hand.

"We are going to find eggs! Come on!"

He turned around, handing me a basket and letting go of my hand. The warmth I felt immediately decreased, leaving me a blushing mess.

I looked on the ground, only to see a blue egg. I gasped a little and smiled, bending down and grabbing it. I put my basket down and slowly opened the egg, seeing candy in it.

I smiled and closed it, putting it into my basket and standing up. I grabbed my basket and ran off towards Neil, smiling and tapping his shoulder.

He turned around in confusion, before glancing at my basket and smiling proudly.

"I found one Neil! I did it! There was also candy in it!"

I smiled bigger, bouncing up and down in excitement. Nobody told me there was candy in them, if someone told me I would've been doing this a while ago.

"Good job, Max! Here, I found this golden egg. You can have it."

Neil said, pulling a shiny golden egg out of his basket and handing it to me. My cheeks heated up as he grabbed my hand and put the egg in my palm, smiling at me and turning back around to find more of the eggs.

I smiled and put the egg on my chest, feeling my heart pounding a mile a minute. I quickly put the egg in my basket and sighed, looking around to see a yellow egg sticking out of a bush.

I ran over to it and smiled, grabbing it and putting it in my pocket. I was going to give it to Neil since he gave me that gold one, he wasted no time giving me the gold one so I'ma give him this one.

I looked around to find Neil, but he wasn't anywhere around. I started walking back to where I saw him, until I heard a plastic noise. I looked down to see that I kicked an egg on accident, this is too easy.

I spotted Neil and ran over to him, lightly smacking his back as he turned around again. I reached into my pocket and grabbed the egg, handing it to him and smiling.

He smiled back and put it in his basket, sliding the handle down onto his arm and giggling.

"Thanks Max. You didn't have to do that, I gave you the gold one because you can win something with it. Unless you weren't listening like you usually aren't."

I blushed a little and rolled my eyes, poking him and smiling.

"Nah, I didn't listen. But I appreciate you would do that for me, so I wanted to give you one back. I'm not 100% jacka$$ so, you're welcome."

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

We all finished finding the eggs, returning to David and getting in a line. I was standing next to Neil and Nikki, they were probably as excited as I was.

"Alright campers! If you have a golden egg, please step foward and show it to us!"

I stepped foward a little and pulled my egg out of the basket, showing it to David as he grinned. Harrison and Space Kid both held one out too, I glanced back at Neil and smiled appreciatively.

Neil smiled back and did a thumbs up with both hands, making me blush. I turned my attention back to David as he started speaking.

"Good job you three! I am proud! You will be getting an ice cream sandwich for your prize!"

I grinned as David started walking towards the cabin, waving for us to start following him. I backed up to Neil and grabbed his arm, pulling him down to my height.

"I will sneak out and share it with you, you deserve it."

I whispered, letting go and smiling at him. I started running after David, getting in the cabin and waiting for David to get them.

He came out with three wrapped ice cream sandwiches, handing one to each of us as we said our thanks. I set my basket down and unwrapped it, eating half of it and saving the other for Neil.

I stuffed it in my pocket and grabbed my basket of eggs, silently walking out as David was distracted with singing his stupid song. I looked around and saw Neil talking with Preston, Preston looked happy while Neil's back was to me.

I started to get jealous and decided to go over there. I tugged on the back of Neil's shirt once I got to them, making Neil spin around to face me.

I smiled and put my basket down again, reaching in my pocket and taking out the other half of the ice cream sandwich. It melted a little bit but at least it's still ice cream.

He smiled and took it, hugging me as I was really confused. I blushed and put my arms around his neck, still a little confused as to why he was so huggy at the moment.

"Thanks Max, I didn't expect that after what happened with the foriegn kids."

Neil said and patted my back, standing up and grabbing my basket. He slid it onto his arm with his and unwrapped the rest of the ice cream sandwich, placing the wrapper in the basket and smiling down at me.

I smiled back and looked over at Preston, who was watching us with a creepy smile on his face. Jealousy took over me again and I grabbed onto Neil's arm, dragging him with me to our tent.

Once we got there, I went inside and sat on the floor. Neil came in after me and sat with me on the floor too, handing me my basket as we both took out our eggs, pulled them apart, let the candy fall in our baskets, then placing the plastic eggs behind us.

When we finished that, we had a whole basket of candy. We ate some of it until we were full and decided that was enough candy for us today.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Oof, happy easter guys! (Even though it's on Sunday.) This is NOT part of the story, just a celebration chapter for the holiday ^^ Chapter 10 will come out either today or tomorrow, so we'll see about that :) See you in the next chapter!