Warriors of Hope

Komaru wakes up in a bed at an unknown location she sees Y/N sleeping next to her and tries shake him awake.

Komaru: Y/N...Y/N...Y/N wake up!

Y/N awakens and jolts up like he had a nightmare and sees Komaru.

Y/N: Komaru!

Y/N hugs Komaru, she blushes at first but hugs him back.

Komaru: Y/N?

Y/N: Thank God...I thought we were dead.

???: Well, aren't you two close.

The two separate when they hear the voice and look aver to where it's coming from. Y/N reaches for his pistol but feels that it's gone.

Komaru: Who are you?

???: Me? Oh my name's not really important. After all I'm just a lowly Servant

Servant: I had heard this town would be safe, so I came to seek refuge

Servant: I had heard this town would be safe, so I came to seek refuge. But then, the riots...And on top of that, I get captured by them. I've seriously got no luck at all.

Y/N: You're lucky to be alive given the circumstances.

Servant: True, because I pleaded for life they allowed me to live...as their servant.

Komaru: U-Um...

Servant: Ah, I'm being rude. Enough about me, let's talk about you. Either you truly are completely exhausted,or you're simply afraid to wake up and face reality. You two were asleep a full two days.   

Komaru: A-A full two days!?

Servant: A full two days. More than enough time for the world to change completely. Yes, even our world can change just that quickly. Like a watercolor painting caught in the rain. Ah, but you're more concerned about yourselves than the world right now, correct? You're  both wondering what's to become of you, now that you're trapped here, in this place. 

Komaru: W-What's going to happen to us?

Servant: *sighs*....

Y/N: What was that for?

Servant: Ah, apologies. Your reaction was so...normal...it surprised me a little.

Y/N: I think the term you were looking for is "reasonable."

Servant: Ahah, you honestly...don't have a single unique characteristic.

Komaru: U-Um...

Servant: Well, no need to be depressed about it. This world is filled with unremarkable people. And the only one capable of empathizing with common boring people...is common boring person like yourself...So that's why you pass.

Y/N: What's that supposed to mean? We're all unique in our own way.

Servant: Ah, but you...you are strong, you have a lot potential...A warrior's spirit perhaps.