Chapter 3

I stood there waiting for her to answer me. She was pale and slightly shivering and taking big gulps of air.

"I..I-uhm its nothing-"

"Nothing. Really? Its in a orange bottle. The label says sleeping pills, but there is a sharp smell that hurts my nose. This is definitely not sleeping pills!"

Cassie was definitely intimidated by me now. I ran a hand through my untamed hair and I sat down.

"Don't tell anyone, I-I'll do anything." Cassie said in an innocent voice, her big eyes were round and tearing up. I felt a sudden urge to protect her. 

"You have to stop!"

"I-" As soon as she was going to respond, there was was a blaring alarm. Cassie grabbed my arm and pulled me down. All the lights turned off and the alarm ringed for another couple minutes and then finally it stopped. It was complete darkness and it was complete and utter silence. Me and Cassie were under a bed. Cliche I know.

Then suddenly there was a crash and couple smacks that echoed through the halls. Then there were a series of footsteps slowly walking up the stairs. All through this, Cassie was slowly pushing me to the farthest point in which there was a faint outline of a door. When we got there, Cassie, dug around in her neck until she found a a key like thing but it was shaped as a moon crescent. 

Sticking out of the lock on the door there was a crescent shape that fitted with the crescent on Cassie's neck. She pushed them both together and turned it a couple times. Frankly I got a bit dizzy from all the twists she was making. I felt drained and was gonna collapse any moment. 

Finally Cassie opened it. As she got through there were she slipped in but then there was a footstep outside our door. And then it creaked forward. Cassie motioned me to come in but I was transfixed on the opening of the door. I felt the door creak open and almost came out from under the bed. Right then a pair of a polished black shoes entered n. There was a dark aura around him. There was a scent wafting through the air. A smell of wild berries and vanilla and blood. There was a splatter of blood in the wall behind him.

He came in and I reeled back and waited since I knew if there were any sound he would kill me. I somehow wasn't freaking out, even though I am supposed to. I mean I came from a foster family and the worst thing was maybe having to deal with drunk Frank but now I'm hiding under a bed trying not to get myself killed.  

The man walked in a bit, his slow steps mocking me. Then his feet turned toward the bed that we where under and as he got closer my heart raced and I shrunk back a bit. I felt the bed creak in pressure and it was lifted up.

There was a blinding whiteness in my eyes and I felt a hand grip my neck and pull me up. Startled I tried to breathe but I was spluttering. Damn, his grip was tight. He was wearing all black. His face was shrouded and you couldn't see anything.He seemed to inspect my face but his grip tightened. By each moment I felt it harder to breathe. Finally he just pushed me to the wall and I hit it with a thundering force. The man walked away, his tailcoat trailing behind him, he started looking through the drawers and started throwing the stuff all. 

He came back to me and grabbed me by the neck again and he threw me up and started choking me again. I saw Cassie get some kind of can and she slowly crept up behind him. She kept the can at a ready and she sprayed. The liquid made me want to cough a bit but he was unaffected. He just turned around, dropping me for a second before he tossed her like a rag doll. He came back to me.