The precious first meeting....

Can was back in Sanem's life...

He left tearing her heart apart... Now he was back, and she could hardly contain herself... He was back in town but stayed away from her. That hurt the most...

She could not in her wildest dreams have imagined what he was feeling. She was back in his life but not alone... She had a child...

The fury Can felt, thinking that another man touched her so soon after he'd left her, was far surpassed by the pain of that very thought... So, she did not love him after all. So, she'd move on...  His thoughts ran a mile a minute and his head felt too heavy to lift...

Though Sanem kept the secret of the child's father to herself, in her love for Can she made sure the child would know her father.. She kept his scent with her at all times.. Their good night routine entailed her rubbing his scent on the child's hands and precious feet so that the baby would drift into her sweet dream with the scent of her father... The scent Sanem gifted Can... she too kept that scent by her heart... never too far from it..

So she was back in his life with her child.. He dared not to come near it, out of the fear that the sheer touch would destroy him... The first time he ran into Sanem with her child was by luck. Good or bad. Wrong place at the wrong time... Or had it turned out to be the right place at the right time...? The child was crying in Sanem's arm uncontrolled, and could not be calmed down.. No one succeeded in calming her down.. He gathered his strenght and reached for the child.. The child cried, then suddenly cooed, smiled, and turned to him trustingly... She fell asleep in his arms.. He was struck by how fragile and precious she felt... His walls crushed and all that was left was his weakened aching heart.. He cradled the child and was hit with its scent.. HIS scent.. His.. He looked up at Sanem and the love and fear in her eyes were all he needed to see the truth behind what had just happened.. Though at first he could not understand why the child calmed down only in his arms, now all confusion was gone..

And a new pain set in with the realization that he was holding a part of himself, yet he was deprived of her existence until this moment...