Arrival

It's twilight and Sherlock was finally in Paw Bridge. His partner, John Watson, and his pet fox, Adam, were with him. There was a band of heavy cloud above them, giving the town a sad feeling. They see 1,000 other people in the town when they walk in, but there's a neglected and kind of scary feel to the place. All the people they saw were wearing rag-like clothes and the buildings were starting to crumble.
They realize that the people that were there were actually scared of a castle only a couple miles away. They can see the castle on the horizon. It is huge with cursed vines and the scary feel that already stuck. Sherlock was mesmerized by it. Sherlock soon goes to a nearby inn to store their stuff, since he wants to investigate the castle in the middle of the night. As John and Adam follow Sherlock in, they see him already asking the lady behind the counter about the castle.

"You shouldn't go because you probably won't come back," the lady, named Vera Chapman, told them, "the ghost of the old king is there and it's really powerful so I suggest you stay here." After hearing and ignoring Vera's warning, Sherlock checked them in and went to their room with Adam trying to get John to come. Sherlock started to plan how he is going to find the ghost anyway because of his curiosity and because he wanted to see what the ghost can do so he can keep it in a ghost trap made by Adam until he can make a "containment unit". While Sherlock was explaining how they are going to do it, John was thinking about Vera while Adam was trying to snap him out of it. Sherlock ended up helping Adam since he finished explaining the plan, but they couldn't get John back into reality.
Still in his trance, John asks, "haven't you guys ever had the feeling that you're, like... pauses for a minute ...in love with someone?"

"Well I have never felt that before, John," says Adam, " And I don't think I ever will." John suddenly snaps out of his trance and looks at Adam in a surprised kind of way. Sherlock wasn't surprised about it so he told John.