Chapter Twenty: The Incident

Start from the beginning

"Your first appointment is this afternoon," Charles informed him before turning back to what he had been doing, he waited until Harry had left to look up again since he would not talk. 

His eyes catching on the photo of his children, Charles sighed wishing that things could have worked out differently; his actions towards their mother would always mar them. 

While he could not change the past, Charles could most certainly make sure that things were better for them in the future; he did not want them to feel like their mother had that they were alone in all of this. 

***

Storming through the corridors, Harry could not help but feel angry that his father was insisting upon this; he did not want to talk to anyone and he most certainly did not want to speak with some stranger. 

He rounded the corner and came to a stop at the sight of his sister, she did not look up as he appeared; she saw no reason to greet him considering his last words to her had been so cruel. 

"It was you wasn't it" Harry snapped approaching Adeline where she was curled up with a book, he glared at his sister knowing that she had been the one to say something to their father. 

He was sure that it would not have been William, their big brother would have said something sooner if he were going to involve their father; so that left Adeline and he could not believe that she had tattled on him. 

Harry felt like it should be them against the world, the three of them facing off against those who had wronged their mother and making them pay; instead, he seemed to be the only one that cared. 

"I don't know what you are talking about," Adeline denied with a shake of her head, she closed her book and looked at her brother who was slowly turning red in the face to match his hair. 

He seemed upset and she could only think what her father might have said when he had called him to his office; she shifted nervously, she did not regret speaking to their father about what Harry had said. 

"So, you deny it?" Harry spat unable to believe that she would do this to him, first she welcomed Camilla into her life, forget their poor mother and the way that she suffered and now she had turned on him. 

Adeline did not say a word, she only stared at him wondering what had happened to the brother that she had been close to and why he was so angry especially with her. 

Getting to her feet, Adeline shook her head and wondered what she could say to him to make him understand; she had done nothing wrong and she did not deserved to be punished. 

She was not going to be his punching bag any longer, she had not done anything wrong and he was not the only one that missed their mother; she glared at him hating him for making her feel like this.

"You are not the only one you lost mum... I miss her every day and there are things I will never get to discuss with her that you will never understand," Adeline whispered shaking her head wanting him to see that not only did he suffer but she did too. 

There would be quite a few times in her life that she would need her mother and now she would have to do without her; she only hoped her mother watched her from heaven now. 

Harry glared at her as she moved to walk away from him, he could not believe that she was trying to defend herself; she had messed up and she was not even going to admit it. 

Before he realised what, he was doing, he had rushed forward and shoved her from behind; this caused Adeline to fall forward, her arms stretched out before her in an attempt to catch herself. 

Harry stared shock as he looked down at his sister, he could not move as he listened to her cry and dread filled his gut; he did not know what had come over him but he had hurt her. 

He had never meant for this to happen and he could not believe that he had pushed her, he had just felt so angry that she had talked to him like that when she was the one betraying the memory of their mother. 

"Harry?" William asked appearing behind him, he had heard the commotion and had come to see what was going on; now he found his brother standing over their sister and she appeared to be crying. 

Dread filled him at what might have happened, it was bound to happen eventually but from what he heard their father's decision to seek help for Harry had been a long time coming. 

When Harry did not say anything, William moved forward to see what was going on; Harry almost appeared frozen in his place and when William got closer, he could see why. 

Hurrying forward to Adeline, he stared at her wrist that she was clutching in her good hand; it did not look right and William knew that this was not just some accident. 

"What have you done?" William snapped turning to Harry, he looked pale and continued to stand there like an idiot instead of going to get help; pulling Adeline to her feet, William shook his head before he started to lead her away. 

Harry watched them go knowing that their father would be furious when he discovered what had happened and Harry feared just what he might do.