Chapter 8

Shannon sat in the lobby area of the rehab facility. He couldn't wipe the smile off of his face as he sat there waiting for Layne to come get him. He was really looking forward to seeing Layne this weekend. Layne only had one more month in rehab and then he was going to be released.

Shannon pulled on his beige hat, turning the rim down. He felt jittery. He fixed the rim and wrapped his arms around himself as he fervently tapped his heels as he waited for Layne. Shannon suddenly heard a door open and he looked up. He couldn't help but smile big when he looked up and saw Layne.

Shannon quickly stood up and grabbed his bag, meeting Layne halfway across the room. His smile faded slightly when he saw his man.

"Babe...did you just wake up?" Shannon asked, brows slightly furrowed, still smiling.

He wrapped his arms around Layne. Layne's hair was disheveled. His jaw seemed to be slightly higher then usual. Shannon realized Layne didn't have his teeth in his mouth.

Layne hugged Shannon, resting his head on Shannon's shoulder.

"I'm sick Shanny..." Layne wisped.

His accent sounded weird, since he couldn't form certain sounds since he only had a few teeth in his mouth.

"Aw...sick? Baby...let's go back to your room. I'll take care of you while I'm here." Shannon cooed, keeping his arm wrapped around Layne's waist as they began to make their way to Layne's room.

This was the first time that Shannon had ever seen Layne like this...unkept, stripped down, bare.

Layne didn't really care what he was looking like at the moment, he just knew that he felt like complete shit.

They finally made it back to Layne's room. It was a mess. Clothes lay everywhere, empty water bottles everywhere. Layne pulled away from Shannon and laid on his bed, pulling the covers over himself and laying on his back, looking at Shannon.

"Baby, how long have you been sick?" Shannon asked, starting to pick up clothes and put them in Layne's dirty clothes basket.

Shannon started tidying up as Layne lay there.

"All week. I don't know what's wrong with me. It must have been something I ate. I'm so glad you're here. You make me feel better." Layne wisped, smiling.

It was a pained smile. He was so nauseous.

"Baby have you gone down to the infirmary?" Shannon asked, sitting down on the bed beside Layne.

"No." Layne pouted.

"Babe..." Shannon pouted.

Shannon took his hat off and set it on the nightstand. He kicked his shoes off and got under the covers with Layne and wrapped his arm around him.

"I can't even wear my partials because I've been puking so much, I don't wanna ruin them..." Layne wined, turning his head.

"You've been puking?" Shannon asked, rubbing Layne's forehead.

Layne pouted and nodded up at Shannon.

"I feel nauseous right now. My stomach feels funny."

"Honey, maybe you need to go down to the infirmary." Shannon said, leaning down and kissing Layne's forehead.

"Not right now." Layne said. "Just hold me, it makes me feel better for now."

Shannon sighed and moved up slightly. Layne laid his head in Shannon's lap. Shannon gently ran his hand through Layne's hair. He put his hand on Layne's forehead to see if he had a temperature. He wasn't too hot.

Down In A Holeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें