Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Willow and Rye run up ahead of us, while Peeta and I stay walking behind them. We walk in silence. Why has this happened to Peeta? His flashbacks, running away, getting beat, losing his memory? Peeta's so nice, and kind and sweet. He dosen't deserve all this. I do, I deserve it. Why hadn't it be the other way around? I'm sure, we will still have the life we have now, but why Peeta?

Suddenly, I trip over a rock and fall on the ground and hit my head hard on the ground. I groan while feeling a sting on my temple. I slowly raise my hand and feel blood. Lots of it.

Someone grabs my waist and picks me up from the ground. My hand still on my temple, and my other hand on the person's strong arm, I'm unsteady. I wobble but they get a grip on me and keep me steady.

I look into the person's eyes. I see my reflection in their blue sparkly eyes. I suddenly realize it's Peeta. He looks so beautiful, even though he has his blond curls in a bird's nest. Without thinking, I lean into him but he pulls back. I blink several times and remember he dosen't recognize me.

I look down, embarrassed, "I'm sorry,"

"It's...alright," He says with that smile where I can never get tired of looking at, "Come on, let's get you cleaned up,"

Peeta grabs my hand and follows Willow and Rye to our house in the Victors Village. I let out a small smile. Peeta's hand isn't as warm as it usually is, but still warm.

When we finally get to the doorstep of our house, I dug in my purse to find the keys. When I found them, I unlocked the door and let everybody inside before I went last and locked the door behind me. I threw my purse on the floor and took of my shoes.

Peeta stood there as he looked around the house. I walked next to him and took his hand in mine. He stiffened, but relaxed at my touch.

"So this is it, huh?" He said.

"Yup,"

Rye came up in front of me and looked at me, "What happened to your face, mommy?"

I touched my temple with my free hand and just remembered I fell. Peeta must've remembered too, because he asked Rye, "Where is the bathroom?"

Rye pointed upstairs and Peeta lead my there, still holding my hand. He pointed to the toilet and I sat on the lid. Peeta's eyebrows narrowed confusingly.

"The first aid kit is in the cabinet up there," I said.

"Oh," He says as he takes out the first aid kit and sets it on the sink. He takes out some toilet paper and wets it a little and then places it gently on my cut. I bite my lip as I wait for the stinging to stop. When Peeta is done, he takes out a bandage and places it on my temple.

"There, done," Peeta says proudly of his work.

"Thank you, Peeta," I say looking at him with a smile.

He smiles and says, "No problem,"

We stare at each other for a while. I get lost in his blue eyes and I just can't stand it anymore. I stand up and crash my lips into his. I wrap my arms around his neck. I can tell he's shocked because he he tries to pull back, but I won't let him. Then, after a few moments, he suddenly wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer. We finally let go, gasping for air. I put my forehead to his, looking at him.

"You remember me?" I ask,

"I do, Katniss," he says.

I smile widely and hug him tightly. He hugs back, as if he's never going to see me again.

"I'm sorry," he says.

"For what?" I ask him, closing my eyes.

"For leaving you, and the kids," he responds.

"It dosen't matter anymore," I say, "Your back,"

We stand in silence, our arms wrapped around each other. Then, Peeta whispers in my hair, "I love you,"

I hold my breath, reminding myself that this is real, that this is really happening. That Peeta is back. That my Peeta is back.

Then, I whisper back to him, "I love you too,"

And that night, for the first time in weeks, I get to sleep with Peeta, his arms wrapped around me, protecting me from the terrible nightmares that still haunt me.

Authors Note: I'm really sorry I didn't update in a while! But I hope this chapter makes it up for you! 'Cause Peeta remembers Katniss! Yay! :)

I'll try and update once a week, or more, if I'm not busy with stupid homework. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it! Please vote and leave a comment! Thanks!

~Marvel890