Chapter 17: The Boyz Right Here

"Alright! We may be down a member but that won't stop us!" Haknyeon cried, trying to hype up the team.

It was the day of the showcase. Everyone was super anxious, nervous about how today's performance would go. They were even more nervous because Younghoon was nowhere to be found. With everyone's nerves at a high, Haknyeon did his best to rally his team, especially because Q was feeling down himself.

"We're going to rock this performance and wow the entire crowd. The Boyz on three...1...2...3...THE BOYZ!" Haknyeon and the other members yelled out.

Q participated in the rally, but he just wasn't feeling excited. He was down because of everything with Younghoon, and he felt guilty. He felt at fault that Younghoon wasn't here. Of course, he didn't tell anyone but Haknyeon about what had happened, but that made him feel even guiltier. "Hey don't worry about Younghoon. Just go up there and give it your all like always. You're amazing Changmin. You have to get out there and impress those officials," Haknyeon said, attempting to comfort Changmin.

"Thanks, Haknyeon...I know," Changmin replied taking a deep breath. He looked at his phone to see if Younghoon responded to any of his apology texts he spammed Younghoon with this morning, but to no avail, he got no response.

The Boyz were suddenly announced as the next performers and Changmin got ready to take the stage for his solo opening number, before the "Call Me Baby" group number.

The Boyz all cheered for Changmin as he took to the stage, crossing their fingers for him to do well...which they knew he would.

"You got this giraffe boy!" Sunwoo yelled. Haknyeon turned to his boyfriend with a smirk. "You know...this is awfully similar to when we got together. Big performance...down a member..."

Sunwoo glared back and smacked Haknyeon's arm. "Why you always bring that up twinkle toes?"

Haknyeon grabbed Sunwoo's arm and rested his head on his shoulder, "Because you're cute."

Sunwoo rolled his eyes before smiling and placing his head on Haknyeon's as they prepared to watch The Boyz's co-captain take the stage. "You're cute too."

Q stood center stage and took one last deep breath before the music hit. He instantly thought of Younghoon. he never told him, but he planned this solo stage just for him. He had hoped, somehow, some way that this performance would reach Younghoon.

"deo isangeun deutgi shireun
chagaun moksori gwireul magado

amureon soyongeopshi ttagaun shiseondeuri

nae apeul garomakjyo"

Changmin started dancing energetically. His serious expression matched well with his precise and powerful moves. A simple, dramatic spotlight shined on Changmin, who was on stage alone, no other lights, causing a dramatic effect which only highlighted Changmin. Each move was complex and elegantly done. He performed every move easily.

"da ttaeryeo buswo

nal eodume gadugo
gwerobhideon geotteure chulcheo
beoseonaryeo aesseujiman chulgureul chatgi"

The longer the performance went on, the more Changmin thought of Younghoon. He took these thoughts and channeled his emotion into energy and power, only amplifying the passion behind his performance. The crowd was captivated by his performance, the officials sitting in the first-row tried to hide their smiles at the talented boy. Suddenly, the doors at the back of the auditorium quietly opened, the people being at the back of the auditorium being the only ones to notice, and in walked Younghoon.

"Now they've been going around

nae meorissoge dora nareul eojireobge hane go away hey
nal gwerobhineun moksorie ttodashi wechinda
Step out of them voices"

Younghoon watched Changmin from the back of the auditorium. He saw Changmin dance passionately on stage. Just like he always was, Younghoon was found speechless at Changmin's dancing. His powerful moves and charisma shined, he looked so ethereal, so magical, so...beautiful. Younghoon's heart began racing, his nerves got all tingly, his stomach felt twisted. Changmin was so perfect to him. Before the performance ended, he rushed back outside before Changmin could notice he was there.

Changmin ended his performance to a loud applause. He took a second to catch his breath and could barely soak in the moment, he looked at the crowd and gave them a large smirk and put his index finger over his mouth, signaling the crowd to quiet down. "Call Me Baby" then began to play.

The eleven other members of The Boyz suddenly ran out, surrounding Changmin and joining him on stage. That's right. Eleven. Younghoon showed up. Changmin's jaw nearly dropped, his eyes wide in shock. Younghoon came. He was performing with them. It was real. He was really here on stage. The Boyz all danced in sync, staying on beat and unified with each other. Each move was crisp, clean and perfect. Much of the crowd was on their feet by this point, dancing along and cheering for The Boyz, including the girls' dance team, IZ*ONE.

Younghoon took to the center, at the front of the stage, to lead the final chorus. He hit every move with precision, doing better than he had ever done in practice. Each move was crisp and he even put effort into his facial expressions. Sticking his tongue out at one point, winking many times, and showing off a million dollar smile not many in the crowd knew he had. The girls went wild, the boys showed their admiration, and the officials had large grins on their faces.

All Changmin could do was smile. Younghoon was not only performing with them, but he was doing amazing. It was almost too perfect to be true. He had never seen him dance so well, with such passion. He was on cloud nine in this moment. It was over before he could even take in the entire performance.

"Binnaneun geotdeureun manha

Geu ane jinjjareul bwabwa
Call me baby, Call me baby
Myeot beonirado Call me girl"

The crowd erupted in a loud applause. Everyone cheering, clapping and full of smiles. Almost all of them jumped up, or were already on their feet. The officials remained seated, but scribbled notes onto their clipboards and programs with large smiles on their faces. The Boyz smiles matched the crowd's as they all embraced in a group hug. Changmin looked up and met Younghoon across from him, who was looking at him with soft eyes and a genuine smile. A good sign. Maybe he wasn't mad at Changmin anymore. Did Changmin finally reach him? The Boyz all cheered for one another as they exited the stage together, the crowd cheering their name as the announcer called out the next performer. The Boyz had done it, they slayed the stage.