Rise and Shine

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Hey, do you know where your father keeps the coffee?" William asked.

Charlie smiled and guestered for him to follow her as she ran to the kitchen. William followed her.

"It's on top of the fridge with the cereals." Charlie said, pointing.

"Thank you, Charlie." William replied with a smile. The child gave him a thumbs up before heading to another part of the house.

William grabbed the coffee beans and set them down on the counter before opening up the coffee maker and filling it with water which he got from the tap. He turned it on and then put in the beans and then let the machine do it's thing.

It was a few minutes later that William heard the sound of someone coming down the stairs.

Henry stumbled into the kitchen and was completely taken by surprise that his business partner was standing there.

"Good morning, Henry."

"Wi-William?"

The British man chuckled. "That's me!"

"Wh-What are you doing here?" Henry asked.

"I'm here for a few reasons actually," William replied. "One of them being I have something of yours." William reached into his pocket and pulled out a leather wallet, he tossed it over to the long-haired man.

"Oh! Thank you, Will!" Henry said, catching the wallet.

"No problem. I also made you coffee."

Henry smiled at William. "Oh really now?"

"Yeah."

Henry chuckled and went to where the cups and mugs were stored and pulled out two mugs.

"Why two?" William asked.

"I'm gonna assume you would like some coffee too, Will." Henry replied, laughing. He walked up to the coffee machine and grabbed the carafe from its place and poured them both some coffee. "Would you like any creamer or sugar?" Henry asked.

"I'll have some creamer, thank you."

Henry walked over to the fridge and pulled out the creamer before quickly tossing it over to William. "Add as much as you'd like."

William nodded and added a bit before handing it back to Henry, who added some in his own before putting it back in the fridge.

"Let's sit down, my friend." Henry suggested. William nodded and took a seat at the table, as did the other. "So, what are your other reasons for coming here?"

William took a quick sip of his coffee. It burned the inside of his mouth but he didn't mind. He actually liked the feeling. "I heard you went out drinking again, Henry."

Henry smiled. "Well that's not exactly a lie, but I only went out and got one or two drinks."

William nodded, knowing that, had the man drank any more than that he'd be groaning and complaining about a headache. Henry took a sip of his coffee.

"It's nice to know you care, Will." he said with a smile.

"Of course I care. We've been friends for years, Henry."

"I'm surprised that we still are."

William sighed. "I'm not Lucy, Henry."

The man's eyes became downcast at the mention of his ex-wife.

"I know you're not."

"I didn't mean it like that."

"I know."