Part one: Empty

Me and Jarad were good friends, we grew up together in Illinois. Just two kids who went to the same high school. We used to go to the same parties, get completely wasted and skip school the next day. Both full of dreams and hopes. After high school we both went our own ways. Later on he reached out to me and we tried to get our friendship to the way it was before. After seeing each other again we got our friendship to work out.

Valeria P.O.V now
Me and Jarad were chilling at the studio. After he graduated he wanted to pursue  a career as a singer and he started to get there. His stage name is 'Juice wrld.' I like that name a lot. It suits him.
The only thing that got me concerned from time to time was that he rapped a lot about drugs. Whenever i hung out with him he was never high off drugs though. He's always telling me that he only does drugs at parties. Like he used to do back in the high school days. I believed him since he really had it all under control.
I couldn't go to college after school so now i work at a local restaurant. I like my job but sometimes i wish i had a higher degree. That's all you need to know about me.

My thoughts got disturbed by Jarad who yelled out my name.
"Yo Val! Whatcha doing tonight?" I looked up "Nothing i guess. Why you asking?" He smiled. "Wanna come to my place? We'll order some food and watch Netflix." I liked the idea of spending more time with him so i agreed to come over.
After he finished his day in the studio we both got home.
The moment I entered my house he texted me;

Juice: Val, i'm going to Karim's now. i'll be home at 8. Let me know when you coming over.

Val: I'll be there at 8:30, i gotta clean up the mess in my apartment first.

I lied, I just wanted to take a long shower, shave, do my hair and makeup and then go. I just wanted to impress him. We were both 20 and ever since i turned 16 I had a small crush on him. He was the only guy who didn't take advantage of me and it made me feel some type of way.

Once I got ready I decided to drive over to his place. It was a quick car ride and as soon as i got there he was excited to see me and hugged me very tight.
"Val, we gonna watch some bomb ass movies tonight man. No sleeping before 6!" Him being such a dork made me laugh. Not a lot of people know this about him, but i'm glad i'm the one that knows.
We both sat down on the couch as i saw him scroll through some takeaway app. "Watcha wanna eat?" He asked me. "You know i can't decide that fast. Go pick first!" We both laugh as he continues to scroll and choose the food that he wants. "Got you some cheesy fries and chicken nuggets. I know how much you like them." He chuckles. Ugh. He was so adorable. "Thank you. So which movie should we watch?" I asked looking at him. "Marvel marathon?" And i nodded and smiled "We gonna watch our old school faves!" I grabbed the remote and looked for deadpool. I downloaded the movie and we both waited til the food came. He got up and ran over to the door, excited as a child he took the food and paid.
He sat back down next to me as he put all the food down right in front of us. "Thanks Juice" He smiled. "No problem. C'mon let's eat before our food turns cold." We both laughed and ate the food.
This whole night was perfect and nothing could change that.