Prologue

Hello, lovies! I am updating this to post the prologue, but it will not be updated again until close to October! This is a BoyxBoy story and it is a Larry fan fiction! It is based of the song, "Love The Way You Lie" by Rhianna and Eminem (Song On Side). This is dedicated to @BeautifulDarkSecrets for making my fabulous cover! Thank you! <3

-'-

Louis rushed around the house, trying his hardest to make it spotless. He knew Harry hated coming home to a dirty house. Louis hurriedly ran the vacuum over the living room carpet, fumbling afterwards with the cord as he tried to wrap it up and get the vacuum in to the hall closet.

After he dusted the front hall, he shoved the feather duster back under the sink and ran to the fridge, grabbing out a package of ground beef patties and placing them on the George Foreman to cook. He then proceeded to open the bread box and pull out the hamburger buns, placing then on a cookie sheet and popping them in the oven to toast.

Setting out the plates and silverware on the table, Louis began to panic when he heard the sound of car tires pulling up onto the concrete driveway. No, Harry can't be home yet, Louis thought as he glanced to the clock.

5:28 P.M. Harry was due any minute.

"Babe?" Harry called through the large flat, slipping off his work shoes and hanging up his coat.

He let out an exhausted sigh as he wandered down the front hall. He had attended five buisness meetings today to discuss future clients for Malik Management. Working for his best mate was seriously tiring.

Harry had made friends with Zayn Malik on his trip to visit Machester University to see his sister. Zayn's dad had owned the record company first, but passed it on to Zayn when he died of colon cancer. Zayn had to leave college early to deal with the buisness, but he didn't mind. Actually, the company was doing better than ever.

Harry had been jokingly singing to his sister when they had passed the picnic table that Zayn had been studying at. The older boy had immediately offered the curly-haired lad a deal, to which Harry declined. So, Zayn offered him a job to take, after he graduated high school, as one of the co-owners, to which Harry accepted.

"In the kitchen!" Louis called, quickly flipping the burgers as he heard Harry approaching. He looked up from the food as he heard the kitchen's double french doors swing open. In walked his boyfriend, looking exhausted and irritated.

Harry engulfed his boyfriend in a warm hug, to which Louis melted in to. These are the times he lived for, the times when Harry was sweet and caring.

Harry pulled back slightly to place a passionate kiss on Louis' lips, catching the older boy's bottom lip in his own and tugging gently.

"Mm," Louis moaned into the kiss. "Hazza, the food will burn..."

Harry pulled away and nodded, pecking his boyfriend's cheek lightly before following him over to the stove.

Louis flipped the burgers on to a plate and pulled the buns out of the oven, using a spatula to pry them from the aluminum foil.

"Here you go, baby," Louis smiled, turning to Harry with a plate full of two hamburgers with ketchup, mustard, and pickles, just the way Harry liked it.

"Thanks, love," The younger boy said, placing a sloppy kiss on Louis' cheek and following him to the table.

They enjoyed their meal in silence, exchanging a few glances now and then. Louis didn't dare ask how Harry's day went, in fear of setting him off.

Once dinner was finished and Louis had washed the dishes, both boys made their way in to the living room, settling down on the plush couch to watch some t.v. Louis cuddled up on Harry's lap, Harry stroking his hair.

They were having a peaceful time, laughing together at the comedy movie playing on the screen. It wasn't until Louis reached for the remote that Harry finally snapped.

"What are you doing?" Harry asked, his eyes hard and his hands rigid as he watched Louis' every move.

Louis looked up slowly, his tone confused. "Changing the channel...? Why?"

"I'm watching this. This is fine."

Louis' body grew stiff, he knew he had upset Harry now. "I just wanted to check the score of the game really quickly. It'll only take a sec-"

"No!" Harry screeched, grabbing the remote from Louis and hurling it across the room. "I said don't change it!"

"I-I'm sorry!" Louis stuttered, trying to plead his way out of another episode.

"No!' Harry roared, pushing Louis off of his body and to the side. "God dammit! I work all day, all freaking day, just to make enough money for us to live in this nice home, and for us to have all kinds of nice stuff, and all I wanna do at the end of the day is watch a little t.v. and you can't even let me do that?!" He cried as he paced back and forth infront of Louis.

Louis watched Harry, cowering in to his chair as his boyfriend approached him. Harry sunk down to Louis' hight, sneering as he stared straight in to his shocking blue orbs.

Louis felt the pain before he could even register what was happening. Harry's fist was colliding with his face, not once, but multiple times, blow after blow to Louis' jaw, eyes, cheeks, anything.

"Haz, please," The feather-haired boy whimpered, trying to grab Harry's fist, which just enraged Harry more.

"You. Stupid. Useless. Whore!" The younger boy screeched, each word punctuated by a punch. "I bet you've been sleeping around with Liam, haven't you! I bet you and him meet up when I'm gone at work and talk about how stupid I am. About how I don't even realize that you guys are getting it on! Isn't that right?"

"N-n-no!" Louis stuttered. "I only love you, Harry, you know that!"

Louis curled inward on himself, accepting the punishment, knowing it would be worse if he didn't. All of a sudden, the punches stopped.

The older boy dared to sneak a peak at the sight in front of him, but to his suprise, no one was there. He would've thought it was all a dream, and if he hadn't looked quick enough, he would've missed the flash of messy brown curls as they headed out the front door, disturbing the silence of the house with a loud slam.