Chapter Thirty Four

Start from the beginning

"I'm not being scared of being your mate."

Ren nods slowly. He might not believe me, but it's true. He might  be an Alpha, and that might be daunting, however, he would make an incredible mate. He's soft, calm and warm. He's been kind to me the entire time I've been here, but admittedly, he's also beyond attractive and sexy. I feel a blush from even thinking about it.

"I'm scared of touching you and we aren't mates. That means I'm mated to some cruel demon. And I'm scared I will touch you, and we are mates, and I hardly know you, and I won't be able to tell which one of you is my mate," I say in one big breath.

"I completely understand," Ren comments. "I'm not scared of being your mate, if that makes it easier. Anyone would be lucky to have you."

Strangely enough, it doesn't seem like he's lying.

"So what can I do to make you more comfortable? I want you to want to find out, not to be afraid," Ren says gently. I won't stop being afraid until I know Chase is gone from his body, but I know putting it off will do neither of us any good. He will be wondering, and I would be wondering, so I should just get it over with.

Sighing deeply, I suddenly grab his hand, clutching it tightly. We both flinch, because sure enough, there are sparks there, the exact same when I was making out with Chase. Just like I thought. Now, I'm full of unanswered questions.

"Well, there's that," Ren says softly, rubbing the back of his neck once I had pulled my hand away. I'm not sure what to say, so I just look at him for a moment.

I can hardly believe he is my mate.

"How do you feel?" I ask him, hoping he isn't disheartened by this. I know he said he would be happy to be my mate, but I can't imagine why. I'm sure there is another girl with more power than me out there that would suit him better. Regardless, I can sense his honesty, and I want to hear more about how he feels.

"I feel oddly content, as if questions I've had have been answered. I knew you were attractive the moment I laid eyes on you, however, I was curious as to why I always made excuses to be around you. You interested me a lot, and now I know why," he admits.

I breathe in deeply, consuming that information. "I feel the same way. I might not know as well as I would want to, but I've always wanted to."

"Well let's make it our goal to get to know all we can about each other."

I smile at him, and for the first time, something makes sense. Yes, I need to speak to Chase again, but the Alpha's will come soon, and they will ensure no one else gets hurt, surely. And Ren and I will have time to get to know each other. He's the perfect man I can see myself falling in love with. I can't wait.

Ren and I walked back to house together, holding hands, talking about things we have in common, which is a surprising amount. We are both rather reserved people, who love books and art. I have a feeling we are going to get along great.

Luckily, a few days passed and Ren got in contact with a few Alpha's who were perfectly okay to come help with the Chase situation.

However, Chase wouldn't come.

The day the Alpha's were due to arrive, I meet Ren in the hallway. A lot of the staff have left already after they found out the double pay was only a rumour, finding their ways off the docks back to the mainland. Some stayed with no where else to go. Admittedly, it's helpful having some staff left over to help with the Alpha's being here.

The Alpha's having been selected by Ren, who he is closest to, include Noah, the Alpha of Harmony, Malik, the Alpha of Love, Kaden, the Alpha of Vengeance, and lastly, Asher, the Alpha of Desire, for no particular reason at all, other than he's a calm individual compares to the others.

"No Chase again?" I ask Ren, leaning against the wall. He shakes his head at me, to which I sigh deeply. I desperately need to speak to him, and I think he knows that.

"Not that I know of," Ren confirms.

"He knows about the Alpha's coming. And I bet he knows I know you and I are mates, and he doesn't want to come out and face me," I vent to Ren. We have had a good week together, eating breakfast and lunch together, talking and laughing and having a great time. Things might be moving slowly, but I blame that on Chase.

Ren and I haven't even kissed yet. I haven't been trying rush things, but the stress of wondering where Chase is has been getting to me. I just want to enjoy my time alone with Ren, discovering what could be between each other.

Instead, I'm waiting on a demon, who I might have feelings for too.

💜••💜

Hey guys! If you want more, the rest of Ren is up now on Radish (:

🔮••🔮

I've also just posted the second novel in the Immortal series (in no way in correlation to book one which is Fate

It's Time!

🎆••🎆

Instagram: Sophie_Midika

~Midika 💜🐼