"I like Ren, he's a good man," I tell him confidently. That I mean. I think if he didn't have Chase's influence, he would be a great Alpha.

"Come on Brielle, you know that's not what I mean."

Sighing deeply, I dip my head under the water, letting it completely encompass me. For a moment the cool water drowns Chase out completely, and I can think. However, it lasts only a moment, before I resurface, Chase waiting for me patiently. Pushing water out of my hair, I focus on him, realising he wasn't about to let that question slide.

"Yes I like Ren. And a lot," I tell him casually, floating on back. I can feel Chase still, less ripples hitting me as I float, smiling internally. "And it's not as if you can kidnap me to keep me from Ren and his body, right?"

"I mean, I don't see what you would like so much about Ren. You know, in his head, he's pretty boring," Chase comments.

"I'm sure he is."

Without even looking at him, I swim back towards the shore. I can hear he follows me, but I don't bother looking back. Once I make it to the beach, I sit down on the sand, twisting water out of my hair. I watch Chase stride out of the water, looking at me, that icy blue eyes fixed especially on me.

I don't say a word as he comes to sit next to me, dripping water onto the sand. "I wouldn't call myself a demon. Am I curse created by a foolish Devotion Pack Gaze Reader, absolutely."

I'm shocked for a moment at his sudden honesty. He's looking at his hands. Well, not his hands, Ren's. He is nothing like Ren.

I have to remember that.

"A curse? So why Ren?" I ask, hoping he would continue being honest with me about who he is. I need to find out what he wants to do in Ren's body. There has to be some kind of reason for him to be here. If I can get him out of Ren's head, everything will go back to normal, and none of the other girls have to know, right...

Chase turns to look at me, a smile creeping onto his face that was once serious. He's so close to me, I want to flinch back. It's strange seeing him so close, each feature belonging to Ren, not Chase.

"I appreciate you for trying, but do you really think I would tell you?" Chase murmurs, reaching up to touch my hair. I flinch away from him.

"I was hoping you would," I mutter.

"Might I entertain you for a moment and show you something over by that rock wall? I think you would like it. It's as beautiful as you," Chase comments, getting to his feet. Irritated, I stand up, following him across the sand to where he is talking about. I have no interest in anything he wants to show me, and I can tell he is trying to distract me.

We approach the wall, which looks exactly how a rock wall would look like. With Chase standing behind me, I try look closer, confused as to what might be so beautiful about this wall that Chase felt the need to show me.

Suddenly, both of Chase's hands appear beside me on the wall. When I turn around, he's looking at me, having completely pinned me. My heart rate accelerates.

I'm dead.

"I'm sorry okay. But I needed to know. How do you expect me to live here knowing a demon is controlling my Alpha. I know you're trying to ruin my life or something," I growl in his face, hoping he would let me out of his little trap. He doesn't though, and I swear for a moment his eyes flicker down to my lips for a moment.

"There's a problem with your theory," he murmurs, his gaze moving down my jawline, down my neck, a silent warning. I'm in the midst of a cold, calculated predator. "One side of me wants to preserve that precious innocence of yours, while the other, well, wants to absolutely destroy it."

I shudder at his words, unsure for a moment what he is insinuating until it suddenly dawns on me, and I startle, wondering how I should feel about that.

Not good, I assume.

"I'm not sure what it is about you, but it's driving me crazy. I've never been so weak as to want a simple mortal, however, I want you in every way I can get you," Chase murmurs, leaning so close I can feel his breath against my lips. It makes me shiver, and for some reason, my stomach turns, and not in a bad way.

"There must be something wrong then," I murmur, unable to catch my breath. I can feel Chase press his body up against me further. It seems as if all rational thought has left my body, and I can hardly think.

"I think I know what I want," Chase confirms, to which it suddenly dawns on me, what I want to.

There are no thoughts in my head as I reach up and kiss him.

🖤••❤️

Hey guys! If you want more, the rest of Ren is up now on Radish (:

🥀••🥀

I've also just posted the second novel in the Immortal series (in no way in correlation to book one which is Fate

It's Time!

It's Time!

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

🎆••🎆

Instagram: Sophie_Midika

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Instagram: Sophie_Midika

~Midika 💜🐼