twenty.

'happy birthday to you

'happy birthday to you. happy birthday to you. happy birthday dear zara. happy birthday to you.'

zara wakes up slowly as dele is singing to her. she rubs her eyes slightly but smiling softly at dele.

'good morning.' she says.

'happy birthday baby girl.' he says with a big smile before leaning down and kissing her forehead.

'thank you baby.'

'i know you didn't want me to make a massive fuss about your birthday, which i haven't, but that isn't going to stop me treating you extra special today.'

'oh no what do you have planned?'

'nothing! can't even make breakfast nowadays without being questioned.' he says jokingly rolling his eyes.

'dele, i'm kidding. come here anyways.' she says grabbing his arm and pulling him onto the bed.

zara and dele just lie on the bed opposite each other, smiling at one another. dele puts his hand on her cheek and strokes it softly with his thumb.

'you're so beautiful, how did i get so lucky?' he says quietly with a small smile.

'i love you dele alli.'

'ti amo zara ana bianchi.'

zara smiles widely at the fact dele told her he loves her in italian, she just leans in and kisses him softly.

'can't we just spend my birthday like this? in bed cuddling chatting all day and then making love all night long.' she says with a wink.

'as much as that offer is hard to refuse and i know it's your day but no can do.' he says kissing her forehead quickly but standing up.

'where are you going?'

'to get you breakfast principessa.'

• •

zara is currently sat at her parents house, embarrassed by the stories they are telling dele.

'alright mum dad, that's enough.' says zara rolling her eyes.

'no please continue the story!' asks dele.

'alright well-' her mum starts to say but zara gets up from dele's lap.

'right, i'm going.' she says but dele quickly grabs her hand and pulls her back onto his lap.

'babes don't go, we'll stop now.'

dele and zara smile at each other softly before kissing one and another quickly. claudio and liya look at each other and smile. they are so happy for their daughter that she's finally met someone who treats her the way she deserves to be treated, someone who makes her feel happy and loved. they were quite shocked at first when dele asked them for their blessing to ask her to marry him. they are still not hundred percent convinced but at the end of the day, it's zara's decision not theirs.

'also that reminds me.' says dele getting something from his jacket pocket, 'i nearly forgot to give you this.'

dele hands zara a set of keys which zara looks at in confusion.

'dele, i swear to god if you-'

'go and have a look outside baby.' he says with a cheeky grin. zara looks at her parents who are both trying to not grin. zara walks the front door and heads outside and gasps.

'you bought me a ferrari? dele are you completely mad?' she says in shock as she looks at the customised car.

'well i overheard you on the phone the other month talking about if you could afford it you'd buy yourself one. so i completely called up ferrari and got them to send me one for you. happy birthday baby!' he says with a smile wrapping his arms around her.

'you are completely mad. and you both knew about this?' she says looking at her parents.

'it's italian, how could i say no?'

'stop talking and have a look inside zara!'

zara unlocks the car and carefully goes inside the car looking around and touching some of the buttons until suddenly the roof starts coming off.

i can't believe this, he's gone so overboard with my birthday, she thought.

'well, what do you think?' asks dele sitting in the passengers seat next to her.

'i am honestly speechless, this is just so? i don't have any words. a part of me is pissed off at you for going way overboard when i specifically said i didn't want anything major. but a part of me could actually get used to this.'

'you deserve the entire world and me, stop being so hard on yourself zara. also that reminds me, shit i think i forgot something under your seat could you get it for me?'

zara just looks at him suspiciously before reaching under her seat and taking out and envelope.

'it's just something for the car or whatever. you can open it if you want.' dele says with a shrug. zara opens the envelope and just suddenly hits dele in the arm.

'ow?'

'bamidele jermaine alli, stop it right now!'

in the envelope, there are two first class tickets for a week and a half in japan, somewhere zara has dreamed of going ever since she was little.

'let's get lost in japan baby.'

this part was so BAD i want to die