Irretrievably...

Alison's pov

It's been three days since I signed the divorce papers and every time I look down at my left hand I am thrown into a panic that I have lost my ring, until I remember, I haven't lost it. I took it off. The symbol of mine and Emily's commitment to each other lost all it's value as soon as I signed my name on that sheet of paper. The symbol of our commitment is currently gathering dust on my dinning room table.

My heart is still so shattered that my body has became a lifeless coffin of the person I wanted to be. My brain remains empty as I watch my class leave the lecture hall.
I have agreed to meet Dylan, Ava and Caitlin at my house to discuss Nolan Hotchkiss' death, but what they don't know is that Mona and I have found Taylor. Alive.

During my "meeting" with Dylan, Ava, Caitlin and Mona I receive a phone call from Pam

"You'll have to excuse me" I tell them, as I refuse to ever miss a call from Mrs Fields

"Hello Alison, sorry to disturb you. I was just phoning to ask you a question" Pam explains over the phone

"Of course what is it?"

"I can't ask Emmy advice because it would be awkward, plus you have always had gorgeous fashion. Alison, what should I wear on a first date?"

"You have a date Pam?" I ask Emily's mom

"Yes, and I thought who better to ask fashion advice than my daughter? So Alison what should I wear?"

"Well it depends what type of date it is" I explain to Pam as I try contain my confusion

Has Emily not told her Mom about the divorce? Or does Pam still see me as her daughter-in-law despite everything?

Emily's pov

I took the next two weeks off work and booked a flight from Pennsylvania to Oregon. Last minute flights across the states with two toddlers is not the best way to spend the day however, this is too important. I have to save my marriage, I have to try get my wife back and I have to give my daughters their Mommy.

The only flight available was at 03:00am, only 6 hours after I booked it. I spent my time drinking litres of coffee and packing Lily and Grace a suitcase full of clothes, toys and storybooks.

"Lily, Grace wake up" I whisper, softly shaking both of them

"Mom?" Lily groggily whispers as her tiny hands rub her eyes open

"Good morning beautiful. Get up. We are going on a trip" I smile, as she tries to wake herself up

I help Lily and Grace get dressed into comfortable clothes to travel in, before telling them to put their velcro shoes on as I put the suitcases in the back of the car, by the time I get back into the house both Lily and Grace have fallen asleep on the sofa. I watch their tiny chests bounce up and down as they breath deeply; falling back into their magical land of dreams. I wrap my arms around Grace's legs, carrying her outside before strapping her into the car-seat. I slowly walk down the steps, being careful not to wake my sleeping daughter as Lily begins to drool over my shoulder.

I kiss each of them on the forehead as I triple check that their seatbelts are fastened before, quickly running back into the house. I run to our bedroom to grab the passports and out the corner of my eye I see my rings shining on Alison's bedside table. My cheeks begin to turn pink and the sides of my lips crinkle into a smile as I look down at my engagement and wedding rings. I put my grandmothers ring back where it belongs: on my left finger. I'm ready to proudly show the world that I am still Emily Catherine Fields-DiLaurentis.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Where are you girls off to?"

"Beacon Heights University" I tell the cab driver as Lily and Grace restlessly squirm around the back seat, trying to escape their child car-seats

"Where are we going Mommy?" Grace asks, resting her head against my arm

"To surprise Mommy" I smile as I hold the envelope containing the divorce papers in my hands

I immediately regret telling Lily and Grace where we are going because for the rest of the drive they do not go 2 minutes without asking "Are we there yet?" "Are we at Mommy's house yet?" "Are we there yet?"

"Guess what girls. You are finally here" the cab driver smiles at Lily and Grace

I have no idea how the cab driver was so patient with their continual questions because if they weren't my own children I would've kicked them out the car.

The driver helps me pull the three suitcases out of the trunk; as well as help me remove Lily and Grace's car-seats. I struggle to carry all of our luggage to the front door, as I squeeze Lily and Grace's hands to keep them close to me. I stop dead in front of the house, dropping the bags onto the ground: I pull my phone out of my front pocket to see that it is only 6am here. I let go of Lily's hand as I reach out to chap the door. My body feels stiff and I begin to panic, my instinct is to run however as I look down at Lily and Grace's tired faces that glow with excitement I can't help but chap as loudly as I can against the door.

Alison's pov

I am woken up by a series of loud chaps. I pick my phone up to see that it is currently 06:13am. I place my phone back down on the table as I burry my head in the pillow, however, yet another knock forces me out of my cold lonely bed and downstairs to the front door.