He was glad that they run into her. He was aware of the fact that she is a high tier and her ability would come in handy if they encounter it again.

Seraphina and John glanced at each other before the latter spoke
"Some invisible guy was following us".

"What!!"Remi exclaimed in shock.
"Someone has been following both of you!"

A few seconds was all her brain needed to process the information and reach a conclusion.
'Why would someone tail a cripple and the former ace? Unless their target is..'  She glanced at Seraphina.

The pinkette briefly glanced towards the direction they came from, trying to feel any presence nearby, before turning to look at them.

"It seems like whoever was following you guys has left But..." she paused
"We have to leave now!!
Whoever it sounds dangerous. "She warned.

Both of them nodded in agreement knowing the severity of the situation.

"Let's go!"Remi said, leading the way, with the duo closely following behind her.
"If it's come to worse then I'll protect both of you" she said with a glint of determination in her eyes.

"You shouldn't underestimate us!"John chuckled, running alongside her.

"We may be cripples but we can still kick their ass !!" Seraphina said confidently.

With that the trio dashed towards the school.

____________________________________

Luckily they managed to reach the school safely.
When they reached the school grounds the trio took a moment to catch their breath. They were panting heavily for having run continuously for the last few minutes.

After they recovered, Remi decided to report the entire incident to detective Keene in hopes of increasing security and raising awareness around the area.

So after bidding farewell to the pair, she went in search of him.

"Let me walk you to the girl's dorm" John offered to Seraphina, who was watching the retreating figure of Remi.

"You don't have to do it "she protested"I can take care of myself".

"I just want to make sure that you reach the dorms safely" he insisted.

Seeing his determined expression, she accepted his offer, as arguing to him would be pointless.
"Alright then," she said as she got up.

Both of them were heading towards the direction of the girl's dorm. They were remained silent, recalling the events of the day. It felt like a lot has happened in a single day.
An occasional breeze blew, ruffling their hairs.

On the way John noticed she kind of looked troubled.

"What's wrong?" he asked glancing at her.

Seraphina turned towards him gazing at him intently.
"I have been meaning to ask you John" she said softly.
" During the time after shopping in the mall and now today..." she paused"How were you able to sense that we're being followed?".

John blinked in surprise at her unexpected question, before coming up with an answer.
"You see being a cripple I have to be aware and cautious of my surroundings or else I'll end up getting killed or hurt" he answered, scratching his nape.

"That's so cool" she admitted.

"But despite everything that had happened. .I still had a great time today! "he said with a hint of a smile on his face" And it was all thanks to you Sera".

She merely shrugged her shoulders in response as if it's no big deal.

"You always cheered me up and uplifted my mood whenever I felt down.
It's the least that I can do for you" she said to him, a bit embarrassed at her choice of words.
"Besides, I am glad to see you smile today!".

She noticed that they have already reached the girl's dormitory. It seems like time flies faster whenever she had fun.

She was about to bid farewell to him when suddenly John pulled her in a hug. She was surprised by the unexpectedness of the action as a bright blush formed on her cheeks.

"Thanks a lot Sera   for..everything!!
I am really lucky to meet someone who cares about me a lot." he said softly, as he pulled her out of the hug looking her in the eyes.

"See you tomorrow! "He flashed her a bright smile, as he ran towards the direction of his dorms.

It took her a while to regain her composure. Her heart was still beating loudly, but she managed to wave her hands at him in farewell before he disappeared out of sight.

She has just witnessed a rare sight of John today.

____________________________________

I am so happy that the writer's block is finally over. I know that I ended up making the last part a bit cheesy but I don't regret it.

After taking advice from a few writer's I decided to freely write my ideas, without being afraid of the consequences.

The next chapter will be from Remi's point of view as I haven't written her part in a while.

I hope you guys liked the chapter.

Thanks for reading.

Hope to see ya soon.