His face brightened on hearing that.
"That would be great!! Thanks" he grinned.

John felt a bit relieved that she decided not to pursue the matter further.

The streets on which they were walking right now were vacant, with hardly anyone present insight making him a bit nervous.

'Strange' he thought as he recalled the area was bustling with people just a few hours ago.' Have they took the wrong turn..?'.
Suddenly he felt a familiar aura around him.

He froze in his tracks.
It was approaching nearby but he couldn't see it. He paled on remembering about that invisible guy.

Without wasting any time, he quickly grabbed her hand and began to run. Surely, he must be here for another high-tier as he didn't recall catching his attention.
But he was not stupid enough to take any chances.

"John What's wrong?!!"Seraphina managed to ask as they continued to run.
He didn't want to worry her, but hiding it would only make it worse.

"Someone is following us "was all he managed to say. Right now his mind was focused on getting out of here as fast as possible.

Her eyes widened in shock at the sudden revelation.
She shifted her gaze at the back but was not able to spot anyone.

Suddenly the memory of encountering the invisible stalker crossed her mind. 'Could it be him..?'.

They dashed down the alley as fast as possible while keeping a close eye in their nearby surroundings, for any sort of movement.

John was so focussed on escaping that as he came to the end of the path and rounded the corner onto the street he failed to see the figure on the path.

As a result he bumped into the figure sending the other person sprawling on the ground.
He was about to mutter a quick apology to the person when Seraphina let out a gasp of surprise.

"R-Remi".

John on recognizing the name looked at her. She has long pink hair and amber eyes. Indeed, it was Remi, the current queen of Wellston.

"Seraphina! John!" she exclaimed, surprised to see them " Didn't expect to meet here" she let a sleepish smile.

"Ah Sorry about that"John muttered an apology as he extended a hand to help her up.

"It's the second time we bumped into each other today" she remarked, accepting his hand to get up.

"Yeah..." he said, recalling about their earlier encounter.

"What are you doing here?"Seraphina asked her with a perplexed expression.

"Eh,  I was returning after visiting my home town"    she answered in a sad voice. Knowing her for a long time, Seraphina knew that something must have happened in her hometown.

Gone was the cheerful smile that usually stretched itself across her face and projected happiness.
Her face looked tired due to exhaustion from lack of rest.

Even John could see the look of sadness that was reflected in her amber eyes.

"By the way"  the said girl spoke turning their attention towards her
"Why were you two running?" she inquired.

John shuddered as the encounter with the invisible guy resurfaced his mind.
Their unexpected encounter with Remi made them forget about the incident a few minutes ago.
John quickly glanced around the area searching for any trace of that person.
Luckily, he couldn't feel the gray aura anymore.

'Maybe it was tailing someone else' was the only explanation that John could come up at the moment. Or' Could it be that he was intimidated by the presence of Remi'he thought glancing at the pinkette.