Chapter 5

Another short upload I know but this is all I have right now...Hope you like where its going

======================================================================

Chapter 5

“Venus Larsen…that sounds real familiar,” he said looking at me quizzically. I knew exactly where he knew me from causing me to mentally roll my eyes at having to have this conversation. Most rough and tough tumble men know me from my Navy poster. It was just before Corey started controlling me and I had just turned 18. Jillian had booked a photo shoot that was supposed to entice guys to join the Navy. I wasn’t wearing too much in the way of clothing which usually catches most guys’ attention. In the photo I was wearing an American flag bikini and a captain’s hat. My head was thrown back as water was being poured down my body from above me.

“Well if you saw a Navy poster a few years ago that may be why,” as I said this, his eyes grew big and his smile stretched across his insanely gorgeous face.

“Hot damn girl that was you, you were the only reason us Marines were jealous of the Navy boys. You don’t know how much crap those punks gave us over them having the hottest piece of…,” he was saying but stopped himself and looked into my eyes apologetically, but I knew what he was going to say which caused me some major embarrassment.

He cleared his throat and said, “Um I think you should try to get some rest. I can sleep out here if it would make you more comfortable. I just didn’t want to leave you alone before because you weren’t really with it yet.”

“No, I want you to sleep with me! I mean um well um that is to say I don’t want to be left alone in this storm. You know that is if you don’t mind,” I stumbled around my words like a dufus. He nodded seriously at first and then I saw a mischievous twinkle in his eye as he said, “No I don’t mind.”

We both walked the short distance to his bedroom. As we walked in this time with the sun already up I really took notice of his room. It was really neat and clean. I thought guys were all disorganized and messy. His room is what one would imagine to see in a log cabin. Everything was wooden; the walls, the floors, even the ceiling was wooden. His bed had to be king-sized at least and the furniture was all made from logs but had a smooth, dark finish to it. As we neared the bed he shed his shirt and pants leaving him in his camouflage boxers. The sight of his physique made heat course through me. As a model I have been around men that were super hot and extremely sexy but he was ruggedly muscled, naturally muscled. I have never seen anything like it. Before he could see me staring I tried to quickly jump under the blankets and turn away. As he got into the bed with me I felt his weight lower the bed next to me and before I could stop I was rolling toward him and bumped into him.

“Oh, I am so sorry. I am used to sleeping alone and I wasn’t prepared to steady myself,” I babbled out fast. He began chuckling at me as he drew his arms around me in a snuggling position.

“Hey, I am enjoying having you next to me so you can sleep as close as you want to,” he said causing me to blush and hope he didn’t see it, but he wasn’t finished with my discomfiture.

“Oh and I certainly don’t mind the way you were looking at me either, just for future reference,” he said and laughed heartily adding to my extreme mortification. I hadn’t hidden anything from him after all. After my humiliation had passed I became very comfortable in his warm embrace. It was very comforting having his arms encompass me, because his arms were so large they completely engulfed me.

Sometime later I awoke with his long arms still locked around me. The thought came to me that this is how life is supposed to be. I bet this is how my mother felt when daddy held her as they slept; safe and warm. For several minutes I lay there and basked in the contentment of the serenity that was Dean listening to the steady drumming of his heart and breathing. Just then another much less appealing thought came to me; what if he is already taken. He has pushed me away at every advance I have made. He may already have someone he calls his. He definitely has tried to tell me no twice so far. Damn, when it comes to men I have no common sense.

He began to stir just as I was trying to extricate myself from not only him but the dream of him that I will never know as mine. What I wouldn’t give to stay in his little cabin for the rest of my life letting him wrap those long corded muscle arms around me. As I stood at the side of the bed I studied him once again. He was lying there with his eyes closed in slumber as I greedily took every inch of his exposed skin in. Those arms led to his powerful chest that was hairless, thank god. His pecks were something that all those guy models would kill one another to have. Moving lower his abs were cut sharply leading to the strip of hair that led to the strip of the band of his boxers that was showing just above the blankets that were loosely hanging on his brawny hips.

“If you keep looking at me like that I will make you do the things to me that you are thinking right now,” he said through sleep eye lids. Oh my, what I would like to do to him.

“I—just needed to know where the bathroom is.” I said stupidly. He got out of the bed and walked over to me taking my shoulder in his hands and my breathing nearly stopped at the intimate contact. He turned me a quarter of a turn and I was faced with the bathroom doorway…how did I not notice that was right there? Oh yeah I was too busy stalking the sexy beast that currently has his hands on me.

“Thanks,” I said and ran into the bathroom shutting the door.

====================================================================

Whoa she kind of keeps making a fool out of herself with him...lol