'Safe and Sound'

Swan House

Athena wimpers quietly, her face buried into Sam's neck. He tightens his hold on her while jogging towards the Swan house while the wolf pack and Cullens keep up with him. Jacob sticks close to them, not wanting to be far from his imprint if she needed him.

The Cullens couldn't understand how this could have happened, they didn't want to believe the Bella they left behind could have done this but with the proof right in front of them, they couldn't deny that it was true the Bella they once knew wasn't who she was now.

The Swan House came into view and Sam quickened his jog with Jacob, who had turned back, to get inside the heated house. Going through the backdoor, past the kitchen and into the living room. Bella is nowhere to be found but with their hearing, they could hear her quiet yells coming from upstairs. Everyone came inside just as Charlie came down stairs with Carlisle and Esme, he looks up and let's out a relieved breath at seeing his granddaughter in one piece.

"Athena!" Charlie yells quietly, Athena looks up and whimpers quietly while holding out her arms. He quickly walks over and takes her from his arms, hugging each other tightly. Carlisle walks towards the two family members while Esme goes to her family, talking quietly towards each other.

"Charlie, why don't you sit down with her on the couch while I check to see if she is okay?" He nods quickly without looking and walks towards the couch with the doctor following, Jacob follows behind, his instincts making sure the doctor doesn't do anything to harm her. Sam quickly grabs his phone while nodding his head towards the back door, the pack besides Jacob walks out while Sam tells Jacob quietly that 'he was going to call Emily that they found her'. Nodding in acknowledgment, Jacob doesn't look away while Sam disappears out the door, the Cullens stay put while Carlisle checks on Athena.

"She's just a little cold and scared, nothing life threatening to worry about." He steps back a bit once he's done, Jacob relaxes a bit when he steps away.

Charlie relaxes a little but doesn't drop his hold on her. "Thank God, I was so worried and with how Bella was going on, I started to assume the worst." Jacob places a hand on his shoulder as Sam comes back inside.

"Emily's coming down, she wanted to see with her own eyes that Athena was okay." Charlie looks towards him and nods while Edward hesitantly steps forward.

"Chief Swan?" Charlie looks towards him questionly. "What will happen to Bella now?" Everyone looks towards the Chief as he ponders the question.

"I believe that she needs serious help, Carlisle and I have discussed where we will send her as she isn't safe to be around others." Edward nods, his face showing away how upset he is. "Edward." Edward looks up to him. "I know you care about her but she needs all the help she can get and I don't think you being together is going to help the situation." Charlie pauses for a second. "Ever since you left, she hasn't been the same and now you're back, she has gotten worse. It's best if you, all of you, stay out of her life from now on." He says this while looking at the Cullens.

They all look at Edward as he slowly nods. "I think that's best too, Chief Swan. I want to at least say my goodbyes before leaving if that is okay with you sir?" The Chief looks at him while adjusting his hold on Athena who is fast asleep before nodding.

"Alright, just make it quick." Edward nods before going up the stairs, Charlie looks towards Carlisle who has a sad but determined face.