Figuring it out

Swan House
Bella's bedroom - Night

Bella bolts awake when she hears a screeching noise echo around her room. "Bella! Ouch - damn it, open the window." She looks towards the window where the voice came from.

She slowly rises from her bed and walks slowly towards the window, she sees Jacob, shirtless, clinging to the top of the tree which bends with his weight. Her heart skips a beat, she opens the window and whisper-shouts. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Move out of the way, we have to talk."

He begins to swing his legs, increasing momentum, she realises what he is about to attempt. "No!" He launches himself through the window and landing onto the balls of his feet. He stays still, listening for Charlie and Athena. He lets loose a breath and stands up straight, looks around and fidgets, wanting to get this over and done with so he can check on Athena.

"I pictured your room more... cluttered."

"Why are you here?"

"We need to talk, about Athena."

Bella's fist clenched in anger, wondering why it's about Athena and not her. "What's there to talk about?"

He sighs, a sad look creeping onto her face. "You have to let me see her."

She crosses her arms around her tightly. "Why should I, you don't want to hang out with me but with Athena instead? Why is she so important!" Her voice starting to raise.

Jacob shushes her, "Look okay, I'm sorry but I can't tell you."

Bella decides to go with a different approach. "Is there something wrong? Is there something stopping you from telling me because if there is than I can help you." She touches his arm but Jacob pulls away as if she burnt her.

"There isn't anything wrong, you are just not allowed to know but that isn't the topic I wanted to discuss. I'm here to talk about Athena."

Bella glares, hating how much Athena gets his attention, wanting him to make her his main focus in life. "If you don't tell me what's going on than the answer is no."

Jacob starts to shake in anger but calms down, he shakes his head before heading towards the window. Without looking back, he jumps out but stays in the shadow under her window so he couldn't be seen. She looks out but notices him gone.

"Momma?" Bella turns to her doorway and sees Athena standing with a stuffed toy wrapped around her small hands and tired eyes staring back at her.

"What!" She says angrily, hating how her child gets more attention than her. Athena visibly flinches back at the angry tone in her mother's voice, not liking how much her mother has changed.

"Can't sleep."

Bella scoffs and stalks over to her with a scary aura surrounding her, Athena starts shrinking into herself at this. "I don't care if you can't sleep, go back to your room, stay there, and don't bother me."

Tears start to slide down her chubby cheeks, her bottom lip wobbling in sadness. "But-"

"Now!" Bella yells. Athena walks out, tiny sobs escaping her small lips. Before entering her room, she hears her mother talk to herself. "God, what's so special about her! She's just a stupid baby, I should have gotten an abortion than this wouldn't have happened."