Chapter 24-Battlefield

Start from the beginning

"Shouldn't have done that." Laken said in a sing song voice as Derek looked down at his uncle's hand.

"Sure, let's talk."

Laken let out an amused giggle as the former Alpha was thrown across the room and onto the staircase.

XXX

Now, Laken stood in the locker room next to Melissa as the two of them looked for Scott and Stiles to wish them luck.

"Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join other from around the world. And you will be watching the largest airal battle in the history of mankind." Coach said and Laken giggled.

"What?" Melissa looked around.

"Mankind. That word should have a new meaning for all of us today."

Melissa looked over at Laken, before tapping Stiles on the shoulder, "What the hell is he talking about?"

"He does this every year." Stiles answered his best friends mom.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah." Laken grinned, "I find it amusing."

"We're fighting for a right to live." He said and the team let out cheers.

"Wait, is this-,"

"Yeah." Laken cut her off with a nod of her head, "It's the speech from Independence Day."

"But as the day the world declared in once voice-,"

Stiles leaned closer to his sister and Melissa, "It's his favorite movie."

"He doesn't know any sports speeches?" Melissa looked between the twins.

"I don't think her cares." The twins spoke in sync.

"Today we celebrate our independence day!" He finished, the team cheering and clapping loudly.

"Well spoken, Coach." Gerard stepped out from behind him and Laken's smile suddenly disappeared from her face.

God, she hated the Argents.

"I might have chosen something with a little more historical value, but there's no denying your passion. And while I haven't been here long, there's no denying my pride in having a winning team for this school. I know you'll be brilliant tonight, even with only one co-captain leading you."

The twins looked over at each other, and felt Scott looking over at them.

"Now, I'm your principal, but I'm also a fan, so don't think I'll be content to watch you merely beat this team. Get out there and murder them."

"You heard the man!" Coach shouted, "Asses on the field!"

"Your Dad coming?"

"Yeah," Stiles looked over his shoulder where his Dad and Laken stood, Jackson and his sister talking. "He's already here."

"Have you seen Allison?" Scott asked.

"No, have you seen Lydia?"