Chapter 6-Heart Monitor

When Lake woke up the next morning, she was in less pain then she was the previous night. She remembered that Derek took some of her pain away last night, but didn't stray because of Jackson.

"Laken! Get your ass up!" Speaking of her best friend, he was already changed and showered, using some of the clothes of his that he'd left there from the nights he stayed over during the summer.

"I don't wanna go to school, Jax." She wined into her pillow.

"I'll let you drive the Porsche." He said and she shot up, running to the bathroom to take a shower.

Jackson chuckled to himself as he walked over to sit on the desk chair and he scanned the dozen of photos she had tacked to the wall, stopping on one specific photo, Whittemore boy couldn't help but smile.

It was a picture of him and Laken freshman year of high school and remembered clearly that Danny had taken the pictures. First period was over and the three of them were late because Laken didn't want to go to Algebra so she was trying to stop Jackson from pulling her to the class.

"Jax, get out so I can change." Laken's voice pulled him from thinking back to that day.

"I'm not going to associate wit your dork of a twin brother." He turned around to look her in the eyes.

"Jax." She wined, stomping her foot like a four year old wanting something that she can't have.

Jackson let out a sigh, standing up and walking over to him. Putting a kiss on her forehead, he walked out of her room and went down the stairs.

*****

Scott searched for his mom's car, his hands full of grocery bags, "Crap." He whispered when her couldn't find where he parked.

He would've called Laken and asked her to drive him to grocery store but she was currently not talking to him and she was spending the day with Jackson. While looking for his key, the jug of milk fell out of one of the bags and rolled under a car before it rolled back, only this time it had claw marks and milk coming from it.

Scott suddenly got an idea in his head and started jumping, car from car and setting the alarms off as he went. He slid down the passenger side of the car in order to hide but his phone started to ring.

Hands clamped down on his blue hoodie and picked him up before slamming him down onto the head with an echoing crash.

"You're dead." Derek spoke and jumped off the car, walking in the direction of where his own car was.

"What- what the hell was that?" Scott yelled.

"I said I was gonna teach you, I didn't say when."

"You scared the crap out of me!"

"Not yet." Derek glanced back at him.

"O-okay, but I was fast, right?"

"Not fast enough."

"The car alarm thing, that was smart, right?"

"Until your phone rang." Derek responded.