Chapter 17

~ Matt

Once the game started, I immediately searched for Brianna. I wanted to get her first. I literally scanned the entire area and no sign of her.

"Brianna?" I called out.

Nothing.

I could hear muffled noises coming from nearby.

BOOM!

Oh my God.

BOOM!

"BRIANNA!"

I looked everywhere. Where is she?! I turned myself around and saw a door.

BOOM!

Oh no. She's in there. I ran as fast as I could to it and turned the doorknob. It's locked.

"HELP!"

"Matt! What's wrong?" Cameron asked, jogging over to me.

"It's Brianna! She's in here!"

"How do you know?"

BOOM!

"That's how!"

We were soon joined by Nash and Shawn.

"Cameron, go get someone to stop the game."

"Gotcha."

"You two, help me get this door down."

We were all pushing and kicking on the door, trying to get it to open.

"HELP! SOMEONE STOP THE GAME! WE NEED HELP!"

BOOM!

We finally got the door open. Brianna was pushed onto the floor, half-naked, out cold with tape over her mouth. She was wedged underneath...TRISTAN?!

"TRISTAN! WHAT THE HELL!"

Nash backed away to call paramedics. I pulled Tristan off of her and pushed him against the wall.

"WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?!"

He said nothing.

"TELL ME NOW!"

My fist flew across his face. It wasn't long before his nose and lip were bleeding. I looked back at Brianna. Shawn was sitting next to her, stroking her hair, sobbing.

"What's wrong with me?" I asked myself, tears welling up in my eyes.

I let him fall to the ground and went over to Brianna. Paramedics were surrounding her, Shawn sitting against the wall with his head in his hands. Soon enough, someone was arresting Tristan.

"Excuse me?" one of the paramedics asked me.

"Yeah," my voice cracked.

"She's gonna be fine, just give her some ice and make sure she's well-rested."

"Thank you."

I lifted her off the floor as gently as possible and brought her into the car. I let her head rest on my lap. I was crying the entire ride back to the house. How could I let this happen. This is exactly like when I dropped her at MagCon. I'm such an idiot.

~ Brianna

I woke up in my bed, alone. My head and neck hurt like hell. I took an aspirin, threw my hair into a bun, got dressed into some comfy clothes, and hopped downstairs. Matt was sitting on the couch watching a movie and Johnson was eating.

"Hey Matt," I said, my voice a bit scratchy.

"You're awake?"

I nodded and sat down on the couch next to him.

"No hey for me?" Jack stammered.

"Are you a horse?"

"Why yes I am. NEIGHHHH!"

I laughed and said hello to him.

"You feeling okay?" he asked.

"I'm feeling better."

"Good."

He then left the room to look for someone, Matt eyed me and gasped.

"What? What's wrong?"

"I think you should see this."

I got up and walked over to a mirror with him following behind me. I didn't even recognize myself. My makeup was runny, different areas around my neck were red and purple, and my lip was swollen. Tears formed in my eyes as Matt bit his lip. I ran into him. Crying my eyes out.

~ Matt

"Matt save me. Help me," was all she was saying. She was repeating the words as I tried to calm her down. I promised myself I wouldn't cry.

"Shhh, it's okay, you're okay"

We moved to the couch. She cried herself to sleep.

~