A Checkered Flame And A Man In Blue

Ashely was asleep, her snores being the main pointer to that as well as her hands clutching onto her pillow. Soon, though, she started waking up. Stretching, getting up off of her bed, and checking her phone to see it was 12:00, and getting out of her room to get lunch is what occurs before Ashley finds herself devouring an apple, pb and j sandwich, and some milk. After lunch, and letting the dishwasher take care of her dish, she heads back up to her room. As she does, she can't help but take notice of Shadow Bird's room. She pressed her ear against the door, hearing absolutely nothing. The sound proof function on his door must be on. That, or he's probably doing nothing. After coming to ether two of those conclusions, Ashley decided to bug someone else. Ashely thought about Aubrey, but knew that earlier on, she said about going to a therapy session with Dr.Mackinder. Ashley couldn't blame her. After what she's been through, she's totally going to need it. Jayden was busy with drawing in his room and Shadow Bird was probably sleeping or working on one of his new gadgets. So, she had one option. A knock on Asori's door was all it took to get the girl in her room to open her door.
Asori:What's up, Ashley?
Ashely:You're not busy right now, are you?
Asori:Actually, I'm going to a therapy session in a couple minutes. In fact, I was actually going to get ready. Did you need something?
Ashley:Pfft, it's ok. I'll bug you about it later. Have a good session.
Ashley then went back to her room, leaving Asori a bit puzzled. Laying on her bed, Ashley was in deep thought.
Ashley:"in thought" Ughh, I'm so bored today. There's nothing good for me to read right now, the video games I have bore me, and I'm not tired. Not to mention the guys are out and about. Well, it's half and half probably.
Ashley moves her arms above her head in a bended position before going back into deep thought.
Ashley:"in thought" Maybe I need to get up and do something outside of the house. Yeah, I'm gonna do that.
Ashley then gets up, ready to actually do something this afternoon. Ashley was now seen walking around the city, exploring its rich structure with her hands in her pockets in the clearly sky afternoon. After a moment or so of walking, she stops at a cafe where she could rest from walking for about 20 minutes or so, which is later interrupted by a familiar voice.
Carter:Ashely?
Ashely looks up to see Lieutenant Carter, curious as she doesn't know what he was doing here, a coffee in hand.
Ashley:Lieutenant Carter? The hell are you doing here? Shouldn't you be on patrol?
Carter:Day off. I suppose it's the same for you?
Ashely:Yep, pretty much.
Carter then sat down in a seat in the same table as Ashley was sitting at where the two began talking.
Ashely:Yeah, I just got bored today. So, I decided to do something that doesn't involve me sitting at home all day.
Carter:I only came here to get a coffee. Like you, kid, I was bored and decided to stop sitting at home all day. You wanna talk for a while?
Ashley:Ya know what, sure. Got nothing better to do.
Carter:Ok, well what are you interested in? Entertainment wise?
Carter then drinks some of his coffee as he talks with Ashley.
Ashley:Well, I like to read comics and listen to music. I also play video games, workout when I feel like it, and I even do some yoga too.
Carter:Basically, you're Sam but plays video games like that Nevin kid.
Ashley:If that's what you think, then sure.
Carter:Well, I like to spend time with my friends, do my job, drink coffee, and that's pretty much it.
Ashley:That's neat. Well, my team is doing alright. So, that's a plus.
Carter:Yeah, I can tell. With Dr.Mackinder's therapy sessions and what you've guys have been through since you guys came here, you guys have grown.
Ashley:Thanks. I mean, who knows? Maybe there's some bad guy lurking in the shadows somewhere plotting some big scheme or something, I don't know.
Carter:I doubt it. That's because some of the high tech robberies have gone down significantly thanks to Shadow Bird helping us out.
Ashley:You're welcome, by the way. You're just lucky we've actually taken a peak at the news. Our world's news is just depressing, annoying, and boring.
Carter:Ohh, just trust me. With our news system here, some of that crap doesn't even get into the news you ether receive or read about. Of course, it isn't ignored. It's just something that sadly happens way too often.
Ashley:Yeah, guess no worlds perfect.
Carter:Nope.
Carter said, taking a sip from his coffee.