Part 6 - Laurence

We arrived back at the party about half an hour later, holding onto each other like if we let go, the other might disappear. I, for one, was worried that I'd wake up and find out that I hadn't, in fact, made out with my best friend in a parking lot, and that the whole thing was just some tequila-induced, weirdly realistic fever dream. But so far, Garroth was still holding my hand, I was still sober, and there was definitely still mistletoe hung around the house. Furthermore, I was now intent on kissing Garroth under every single sprig of that Irene-damned tree.

     Unfortunately, Kawaii~Chan didn't seem too keen on letting me carry out this mission.

     "What do you mean, Laurence~Kun and Garroth~Kun forgot the paper? That was the whole point of Kawaii~Chan sending you to the store!" Kawaii~Chan ranted, hands on her hips. Garroth and I had been on the receiving end of Kawaii~Chan's anger before, and neither of us were eager to relive the experience.

     "Sorry, Kawaii~Chan," I said, trying my best to look everywhere but the meif'wa's yellow eyes. "We got kind of distracted."

     "I'll bet," Dante said, slinging an arm each around me and Garroth's shoulders. "How'd your shirt get unbuttoned, Garroth?" He was winking furiously, but he couldn't quite get just the one eye to close, so the effect was closer to a small epileptic fit.

     "Wh-what?" Garroth blushed, hastily buttoning the top of his shirt. Dante just stood there, looking too smug for his own good. I also had a shit-eating grin on my face, but that was more to do with the hickeys I had littered around Garroth's collarbone, which I was very proud of.

     Meanwhile, Kawaii~Chan was processing what Dante had meant. I could pinpoint the exact second that she realized what he was implying, because about five seconds later, she let out a shriek of glee.

     "AH! KAWAII~CHAN KNEW IT! She has to go tell Katelyn~Sama!"

     "But what about the parchment-" I started, but she was already halfway up the stairs. "Well, so much for subtlety."

     "You're welcome, you nerds. That's payback for seven years of romantic tension," Dante grinned, walking away.

     I rolled my eyes and quickly returned to making use of every fucking mistletoe doorway I could find.

     Author's Note: well, here's the end, i guess its back to bagels and death-contemplation for me. but seriously, thank y'all so much for reading along with this (terrible) fic, this actually did better than i thought it would?? so thank you for following along these past weeks?? stay safe you wonderful gays