Chapter 1. The Plot Thickens

We start our story back at the wedding of Ronin and Indrim. Many were attending the event, but there were indeed a few who were not present. One outside the castle walls, one in the courtyard, and three hooded men in an extreme place of interest. 

The first sends a raven to the west, carrying a scroll and a sake. The second also sends a raven to the west, but clokes it in an invisibility spell first. However, the last few sift through the rubble of Hellgan and find a few objects and the unburnt corpse of Dremor. They quickly take up horses and ride, under cover of night, to the west at top speed. 

They arrive at a run down shake on the edge of a wooded area and enter cautiously, looking all about for any followers. When they see no one, they enter and are met by a taller hooded man with two ravens on each of his shoulders, a barely dressed blond haired elf woman, bound in chains, kneels at his feet. Before him sits the sake and scroll.

Did you find ze promised itemz? The tall man asks in a German accent.

They kneel and present two items, a bloody dagger and a flask with a red liquid inside.

Ah, I see ze Major acquired us ze skull. He opens the sack and reviles the skull. And ze body? The man asks.

Two of the men walk out and then drag Dremor's body inside.

Excellent! Lord Dralmor'z death served a fine purpose, and sen Lord Havoc finished ze rest. He opens the scroll. Ze Major has sent vord, project Omega is a go. Likevize, ze spy is in position to collect ze final itemz of interest. It is only a matter of time, VE VILL HAVE OUR REVOLUTION!! Our enemies must be nervously shaking in zeir boots, vondering vat our plan is. He laughs maniacally. Now, follow comrades. He drags the Elf woman, by her hair through a gate, as the men follow with the items and body.

Meanwhile, back at the castle Ronin sneezes loudly. Holy hell, someone must be talking about me. He thinks out loud.

You aren't catching a cold on our wedding day? Indrim asks.

A few minutes next to you, and I will be warm again. Ronin smiles. 

Ronin and Indrim make their way to his bedchambers, and lock the door behind them.

Elsewhere, Harie walks nervously through the hall, talking to herself. I have to hide... I have to disappear.... He is coming, I can feel it. But aren't I safe here? Nowhere is safe. Nowhere is secret. As she turns a corner, she bumps headlong into a drunk Sora. Harie scream and huddles in fear.

My dear Harie, whatever is wrong? Sora asks.

Harie looks up with tears in her eyes. I... I.... She breaks down into full sobbing.

Amie, Fawn, and Brenda come running down the hall.

What's wrong? Amie asks.

Fawn bends down to Harie. What's the matter, dear?

I... can't.... I'm afraid Tarrant might return for me and beat me again. She sobs.

Oh, honey, you are safe here. Fawn tries to comfort her.

NOWHERE IS SAFE!!!! Harie cries.

Sora looks at the maids and then bends down to Harie. Would you like to sleep in my room tonight?

The maids glare at him in anger.

I.... ah... I am sure I can find other accommodations for the night. Sora says nervously.

Harie immediately clings to his arm. Please, kind sir, would you stay with me?

Fawn stands, she and the other maids walk away in a huff.