three

"Listen Ben I know I said I was getting clean but.. just look at me. I'm miserable."

It had been a couple of days and Klaus just felt hopeless. Not only he had to be off drugs, but he also couldn't see Dave. What was the point? He wasn't sure he could make it.
He was shaking, sweating and couldn't even lift up an arm without something hurting.

"It's literally just a couple of days like this for the rest of your life with Dave. Are you dumb or what?"

Ben had never left Klaus' side since he was back in the 'real' word. Now he could do whatever he wanted, go anywhere whit whoever he wanted, but still, he chose not to.
Klaus was laying in his bed, wincing from the pain of both the broken ribs and the withdrawal symptoms every now and then, and Ben was just sitting on the floor beside him.

"You've already been through this. You know you can do it."

Klaus didn't answer. He just sighed and tried to turn on his side, failing miserably.
When he heard about Dave being alive all of the voices unexplainably calmed down. It wasn't for a long time, obviously, but it was still something.

"Look, I'll ask him to come here, if that can make you feel better. I'm not sure if he'll say yes."

Klaus' eyes widened a little, but he tried not to be too hopeful. For all he knew he could've never seen him again.

"Please. What could go wrong?"

Klaus ignored that there were definitely too many things that could go wrong. Dave could not want to be with him, Klaus could relapse and Dave could've left for good. And Klaus knew he wouldn't have been able to stand that kind of pain again.

-

"He's there."

Ben spoke to Dave, pointing at the door in front of him.
It was obvious they were all nervous, Dave more than the other two. Diego was leaning against the wall next to the door to his brother's room, and he was fidgeting with one of his knifes.

"Please, don't let him go back to.. that. And if you hurt him in any way, I swear to god I'll cut that pretty face of yours off your body."

Diego said, walking closed to Dave before putting his knife away and finally leaving.
Ben just patted Dave's shoulder and wished him luck before following his brother.

Dave took a deep breath before knocking on the door, not even waiting for an answer before getting inside.
He looked at Klaus, who was laying on the bed. He definitely didn't look like he was feeling any good.
Dave, on the other hand, looked especially good to Klaus' eyes. Especially with some normal clothes on.
Klaus watched as Dave sat on the bed and almost hesitantly grabbed his hand. They weren't used to it anymore.

"I missed you."

Klaus squeezed his eyes shut as he tried to concentrate on the other's voice and touch he so desperately needed. It was tough, dealing with the spirits without drugs. He cleared his throat before speaking as well, slowly sitting up.

"I missed you, too."

Klaus rested his head on Dave's chest, looking way more relaxed than he did before. Dave smiled softly, before rubbing his thumb over one of the dog tags laying on Klaus' chest.

"I'm still mad. And worried. Klaus, I love you, but I don't want to be with you if you're gonna be slowly killing yourself. I won't let you go back to that, I won't."

Klaus sighed, and Dave did the same thing before putting one of his hands on the other's cheek and lifting his head up to look at him.

"Alright, I'm sorry. Let's not talk about it now, okay? I know it's hard. I'm sorry. I love you."

Klaus nodded, his bright eyes gazing at Dave's.

"I love you, too."

Dave smiled softly at the other, bringing their lips together in a gentle, sweet kiss they both had dreamed of for so long.