"I'll have the same as her please", Nancy jerked her head towards Lisa,blushing lightly and looking at the waiter from under her lashes.

 Hmmm...Seems like someone's got a crush. That made Lisa feel happy knowing that Nancy was interested in someone else so she would not be chasing after Brian. She did not need that kind of drama in her life.

"Large burger and fries with a coke for me , thank you", Brian nodded at the waiter and sent a wink in Nancy's direction.

"Anything else?", the waiter arched a brow at Nancy.

She quickly shook her head , blushing bright pink.

That's all she seemed to be doing since the waiter came to their table.

"You sure?", he asked sounding more than a little disappointed.

Brian must have kicked her under the table or something because she jumped with a little "Ouch", and glared at him.

"So?", he asked again.

"I-ummm....uh...".

"When do you get off from work, Dylan?", Brian asked the waiter.

Oh ,so thats his name. Lisa eyed him and nodded, the name suited him well. 

"Five O'clock", Dylan replied.

"Great, make reservations at a fancy hotel and have crazy ..", he glanced at Melanie was listening intently with obvious interest then continued ,"...stuff.Go there and do crazy stuff".

Lisa stared at him in shock while Nancy gasped and smacked him on the arm . Dylan chuckled and winked at Nancy who blushed furiously. Melanie narrowed her eyes on her father as though she knew he was going to say something entirely different but she just shrugged and stared out the window . 

Before Lisa could stop herself she blurted out"Why a hotel?".

"That way they both have the option to leave. Think about it, if they went back to Nancy's place and she woke up and realized it was a mistake or simply wanted sometime to think and clear her head then where would she go? Even if she went somewhere until he left then he'd still know where she lived so he would be able to stalk her if he wanted to".

She nodded and mumbled"Makes sense".

"I'm going to go get your lunches", with one last longing look at Nancy he sauntered off.

Lisa resisted the urge to 'oooooh' and just settled for a sigh. They were so cute!

"So where were you guys?",Nancy asked eyeing them both.

"We were at the hospital", Lisa replied guiltily and at the same time Brian said"We just picked up Melanie from school".

"Uh huh, so which one is it?", Nancy leaned forward placing both hands on the table.

"What i said", Lisa mumbled not looking at anyone.

"Oh really? And why were you at the hospital?", she glanced at Brian's arm "Did something happen to your arm again? I swear Brian, you are the most clumsy person i know- well besides me", she smiled sheepishly.

"Actually it was all my fault. I -".

"It wasn't your fault. It was an accident",he snapped glaring at her.

His glare was intense and she fought the urge to crawl up into herself and hide.

She looked over and saw Melanie glaring at her also. No doubt she was mad that Lisa had hurt her dad. Between the two of them she couldn't decide whose glare was more frightening. Brian's made him look super hot and sexy but it still scared the crap out of her. Melanie's was kind of cute but no less fierce.

She was glad when Dylan returned with their lunch. It was a welcome distraction.

They ate their lunches in a comfortable silence with a little jovial banter between Brian and Nancy every now and then. Lisa couldn't help but notice Melanie was tense and she didn't seem to like it when Nancy joked with her father or even touched him.

After they finished eating , Melanie had another milkshake then they left , waving goodbye to Nancy- all except Melanie.

They got into the car and Lisa turned on her cell phone. Brian had bought it for her a few days after she had started working for him so she could contact him if anything happened. She plugged in her ear piece(plugs), scrolled through her play list and found the song she was looking for. Without a second thought she belted out the lyrics of Demi Lovato's 'Heart Attack'.

{Brian's pov}

Brian's head snapped to the side and he stared at Lisa in shock. Her head was thrown back against the seat and her eyes were closed. Her lips puckered prettily to form the words as her soft, sweet voice floated on the air.

He pulled out of the parking lot and into the traffic as he let to her beautiful voice soothe his senses.

Ten minutes later they pulled up at a bookstore . Melanie squealed the moment she saw where they were and quickly unbuckled her own seat belt and hopped out of the car the moment it stopped. Brian chuckled at the sight and turned to Lisa . She was currently singing 'Chandelier' by Sia.He was pleasantly surprised at how well she hit the high notes.

He gently touched her cheek and she turned her head to him, her eyes fluttered open and she gave him a brilliant smile then looked past him.

"A bookstore?", she asked.

"Yeah, i promised Melanie that we'd get some books, come on", he hopped out of the car and came around to her side, opening the door for her. Such a gentlemen.                                                               She blushed bright red and mumbled a "Thank you".

He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her against him. It felt good to have her in his arms, feeling her soft curves pressed against the hard planes of his body.

A tall red head was standing behind the counter when they entered the store. Brian greeted him with a simple nod while Lisa smiled politely and murmured "Good day".

"Hey what's up? I'm Devon. Most people call me Dev but you pretty lady can call me anything you like", he winked at her with a grin.

She blushed but before she could respond Melanie- who had been going through some books on a shelf- beckoned her over. Devon hated when people went through the books because they always mixed them up but Brian noticed that he'd let Melanie do as she pleased.

The two disappeared behind some shelves and Brian moved to follow them but not before receiving a stink eye from Devon. Devon never liked him but Brian had no idea why.                                                  He slowly walked in the general direction of where Mel and Lisa had disappeared .His heart stopped in his chest at what he saw. The sun filtered through the window and pooled around Lisa in golden rays. She was sitting Indian style on the floor with a little pink book in her hand.Her lips moved but he was too far away to make out the words. His daughter sat in her lap with her little head in the crook of Lisa neck as she listened attentively . Her beautiful eyes danced in excitement as she seemed to be waiting for something. Lisa paused dramatically then read some more. She suddenly threw back her head and laughed while Mel giggled uncontrollably . His eyes moved back to Lisa  and he drank her in, her lush ruby lips, her soft ebony hair, her petite body and the fact that she was holding his daughter so tenderly in her arms as they laughed together made his heart sigh. He had never seen his daughter laugh like this in a long time. Lisa truly was an angel. His angel

Kinda cheesy ending. i know ,i know