Chapter 26

TN’SBT

CHAPTER 26

 NOT EDITED AT ALL!!!!!!

{Lisa's pov}

“How’d you hurt your arm Daddy?” Melanie asked as she skipped down the hospital’s corridor.

Half way to the hospital the Principal of the school had called and asked them to pick up Melanie right away. Both she and Lillian were suspended for two days for fighting.

“I fell”, Brian answered as he grabbed her hand to slow her down.

Lisa looked away guiltily and he sighed as she knocked on Dr. Nelson’s office.

“Well look at you. Already managed to get yourself injured huh? You were always a klutz” the tall man behind the desk stood up and clapped Brian on his back.

“And who is this lovely young lady here?” he turned towards Lisa.

“I’m Lisa Richards. Melanie’s nanny”, she smiled and stretched out her hand.

“My name is Doctor Steven Nelson. You may call me anything you like. Your smile but takes my breath away ye fair maiden”, he took her hand into his hand brought it up to his lips and kissed it. She smiled slightly and pulled her hand away.

“Take it easy or I might just have to tell your wife about your scandalous behavior Doc”, Brian warned.

Steven rolled his eyes and squatted down to look at Melanie.

“Boy, have you grown. You were a toddler last i saw you", he exclaimed.

She smiled at him politely and with another look at her he straightened and went to his desk, opened a drawer and pulled out a red lollipop before returning to Melanie and holding it out to her.

She shook her head and said politely"Sweets aren't good for your health.They cause your teeth to decay and they also cause diabetes among other things. You're a doctor, you should know that. Shame on you"she admonished.

Dr. Nelson threw back his head and roared with laughter.

"And where did you learn that little one?Did they teach you that in school?".

She shook her head again."I read it on the internet".

"Stay off the internet Mel", Brian groaned.

She glanced at him and smiled but it was clear that she had no intention of doing that. He shook his head and sighed.

Dr. Steven laughed then turned to Brian" Climb on up there, you little klutz", he pointed to a bed across the room.

"I am not little and i am not a klutz either", Brian glared at him but walked across the room and sat on the bed dutifully.

After removing the cast and inspecting his arm the doctor replaced it with a larger cast since the arm was swollen and the now snug cast was affecting it.

"Here are some pain killers. You take one whenever the arm hurts. No more than six within twenty-four hours and don't forget to keep that arm elevated and don't put too much pressure on it", he slapped him on his back and chased him out of his office. Literally.

They exited the hospital and got into the car.

"Are we going to get something to eat daddy? I'm starving", Melanie said from the back seat.

"Okay, to the diner then",Brian said as he pulled off.

They pulled up to the diner and Lisa got our first, unbuckling Melanie and lacing their fingers as they waited for Brian. She was surprised that Melanie didn't try to pull away.                                                      Brian came up to them and wrapped his arm around Lisa's waist as they walked but had to remove it to open the door to the cafe.                                                                                                                     They entered the Dinner and Brian spotted a familiar figure sitting by a table alone.He squeezed lisa's waist gently to get her attention. She glanced up at him with adoration in her eyes.He smiled down at her and nodded in Nancy's direction , Silently asking if it was okay.