Monica frowned, "You're not going to make it at New Year's dinner?" She was going to host the event again, after all. "And you're not even staying for my performance", Phoebe added with a hurt tone.

"Oh, I wish I could sweetie but for some reason--New Year's a busy holiday for a hospital." She said while she wore her coat, ready to go to work, "but I'll catch up if everything goes well. Also, Phoebe, as I would love to, uh, hear your songs about your mother's suicide, I really have to go. Uhm, sing it for me some other time, yeah?" Phoebe smiled and nodded. And the rest of them nodded along. "I'll see you guys, bye bye then." Then she was off to the hospital.

When Ellie left the shop, Ross suddenly asked, "Don't you just hate it when she could get away easily on everything because her accent is so soothing?", leaving the group in thought.

But Rachel snapped out of the thought when she remembered about the performance, "Oh wait, Phoebe you're on."

--

[ellie's perspective]

It was another day at the hospital.

"See, this is the cons being a doctor", Mich suddenly bursts through my office door, "Well good morning to you, too", I chuckled and glanced at her direction as I asked, "what's wrong?" 

"Rude patients, that's what". Then she slumped against the chairs in front of my desk. "It's not our fault they hurt themselves while preparing dinner in this time of the year. It's New Year's Eve for heaven's sake!"

It's true, actually. I really don't get why some people are mad at us for getting injured. I mean, we're doing everything we can to help since there are a variety of injuries, accidents, and illnesses that we encounter everyday. A little bit of appreciation would help.

I didn't realize that Mich was still talking about her current patient which I honestly don't know what they did to her so I'm just going to nod and let her think that I'm agreeing with her.

"Yeah, I know", I blurted out.

She sighed, "now that's out of my system, what's going on with you? I told you we've got it all covered", snatching my patients' files from my hand.

"Ah, then you got it all covered for the lady with the slightly sliced finger earlier?"

"Ha-ha", she mocked. "You're the head doctor, you could just give orders if you wanted to--"

"Well I don't want to. Thank you very much." As I snatched the files from her.

"Whatever, you should enjoy at least a week off of work", she stood up and was about to leave but continued, "anyway, if you don't plan on leaving early, Dr. Wesley would like to transfer a patient under your care. He wants to see you at 10."

"Okay then. Thank you." As she left completely. Since I'm also set, I went into the nurses' station to drop off some files and prescriptions for the patients. It breaks my heart to see people fighting through their pain, but it also makes me happy that they trust us for doing everything we could to help them conquer the pain and make them feel better.

As I finished dropping off prescriptions and doing my last hospital rounds, I went to see Dr. Wesley for the patient he was going to assign.

His door was slightly opened, when I was about to knock, he suddenly spoke, "come in". Weird.

As I entered, he motioned towards his couch at the center of his office. "Ah, here you are"

"You wished to see me, Dr.?"