one.

This chapter is a long one since it is the first chapter of the book. Hoping you guys would want to read it. Enjoy!

-

S01E09

The One Where Underdog Gets Away
-

"She's back!"

-

On the busy streets of New York, there was a 25-year-old woman who got out of a cab and checked in an apartment she found on newspapers and flyers. Luckily, it was just big enough for her and her brother, if he ever visited that is. She sighed in relief when she saw there was a nearby coffee shop since she practically need her dose of caffeine for every single day of her life.

"Ah, apartment 22. This must be it." As she unlocked the door with the key given by the receptionist of the apartment. As she entered her new flat, she smiled, "I'm home." Since she has time to spare for her shift, she went down to the coffee shop to get her morning coffee.

She entered the coffee shop and ordered her regular cappuccino while she took a look at her files so she would be sure of her rounds for the day. As she was scanning through her files, she overheard a group of people talking about thanksgiving.

"You're wrong" 

"No, I'm not wrong" 

"I'm gonna call mom"

Suddenly, a man walked in and sat down on the chair on her far left as she can still hear their conversation. "And this is from the cry for help department—are you wearing makeup?" The girl was stunned because the voice sounded familiar. Too familiar. But the other man spoke up, "Yes, I am. As of today, I am officially Joey Tribbiani, actor slash model." While the familiar voice said, "That's so funny, 'cause I was thinking you look more like Joey Tribbiani, man slash woman." As he got up to order his beverage. 

She wasn't looking anywhere but her files since she needs to get these done in time so she could rest for tonight, but as she was studying the papers in front of her, the man, whom she thought had a familiar voice, accidentally hit her shoulder when he turned. They were both startled and the man quickly apologized, "Oh, I'm sorry, did I spill anything on your...things?" As he was trying to figure out what was on the files since there were so many papers with names and x-rays and such.

Letting out a relieved sigh, "Not really, no. Don't worry about it" she smiled, as she compiled her files without looking at the man. "Really? Because I tend to mess up a lot."

"No, it's fine. Really." She reassured him. The man come up with his thoughts, "What if I take you out tonight so I could, you know, uh, apologize for the almost damage and recreate a good impression, yeah?"

She chuckled as she spoke, also thinking that someone would hit on her on her 'coming home day', "Sorry, I just came back from—" she was stunned when she saw who was in front of her. It's been years. He didn't change at all, she thought. As she was staring at him, it brought him to confusion as if she was staring at a ghost behind him or beside him. "Uh, are you okay?" he asked, the girl simply nodded, "Yeah I'm fine."

As they were almost staring at each other, "Wait a minute. You look familiar." The man said while pointing to her, "Have we met before? Like... Like on a date or something?"

The girl playfully scoffed, "You wish".

"Oh, well that's a kind way to turn someone down", the man said with a sarcastic tone. "No, really it's like I've been with you before", he kept thinking and while he was in deep thought, the woman couldn't take it anymore and chuckled, "Wow, I was away for years and now, you welcome me by hitting on me? Seriously, Chan?"