Rider x Depressed! Suicidal! Reader [ANGST]

Requested by @XxThotDestroyerxX

asdfghjkl im sorry this is super unfair, as I do FCFS with requests, but an ANGSTY LOVE TRIANGLE was requested and I reaally wanna do it— plus hell if I know how to write Human! Reader x Emperor.

Also I just noticed I'm supposed to name these one shots, cuz I got bored and reread the first oneshot here. Lol wut im just gonna ignore that.

I realllyy hate biased-ness, and i realllyy hate having a lack of self-discipline, but this is a gOddAmn exciting scenario for my standards, so fUc off.

WARNINGS: Foul langueage (already swore oof), angst, mature themes

You liked Rider.

Don't deny that obvious fact.

But Rider didn't feel the same way.

You did not deny this obvious fact.

Because, in fucking fact, Rider liked Bamboo.

He could've have gone for Blazer, or Straw hat... Maybe even Goggles or you if he wanted to, but he chose the calm and composed Bamboo(-chan).

There was nothing wrong with her(A/n: apart from how she dresses— *slapped*), she was good with her Heavy Splatling and really had an okay personality. Maybe Rider had a thing for aggressive backliners liker her.

But you? Oh, no. You were a failure. Depressed, suicidal child. You were fine with your (f/w). Actually, you were better than Bamboo with her splatling. Your personality on the other hand was all a lie.

Maybe he sensed you were a fraud. That all your expressions weren't genuine. Maybe he thought you were suspicious, or hiding something. Either way, he chose Bamboo over you.

It wasn't that that made you depressed, it was how other squids treated you. They always just bullied the failure that is you when you were in school, and treat you the same way now.

Though Rider never said he preferred Bamboo over you, he was going out with her, so the thought made sense to you.

Today was special. Rider didn't know, but you sincerely liked him. You were childhood friends, and Bamboo was some rando he picked up on the street to join his team.

Sobbing quietly to yourself in your dark apartment room, you were ready.

Today was the day you were to commit suicide, and the very day you were to confess your feelings to Rider.

You knew the rejection would pain you further, but did it really matter? The more motivation to do what you had planned, right?

Wiping the hot wet tears off your cheeks as the liquid reached for your fresh cuts, you ignored the sting as you got up.

Rolling your sleeves back down and putting the knife away, you sighed to yourself as you planned out how you'd do this.

—Time Skip—

The mood was heavy and gloomy, just like your emotional state. You had Rider alone with you in an alleyway, with you on the open end and Rider to the wall.

"Tch. What do you want?" Rider asked, clicking his tongue in annoyance, hands tucked away in his pockets.

"Heh, why so annoyed?" you 'cheerfully' teased, smiling vaguely.

"Well, anyways... Even though your going out with Bamboo... I..." you trailed off quietly, starting to scratch the nape of your neck. This caught his attention. Tears began to pour from your eyes.

"I... I hope this won't ruin our friendship, but... I just wanted to tell you I've always..." you began to cover your eyes with your (d/h) sleeve, blocking the tear flow. You collapse onto the floor. "...I-I really like you...! A-and for a long time!"

Rider's eyes widened, in evident shock. He tried to keep his composure but failed, "B-but... You were so happy when Bamboo and I..."

Sadness suddenly rushed through you. "Y-you believed that...? You thought that was genuine...??" You gave up on hiding tears as you abruptly stood up. "...D-did you actually think that?! H-how could you not know me well enough?! We've been fucking childhood friends since forever...! I knew you would reject me, but to think that you would actually..." Your voice cracked at the last sentence.

A waterfall. A waterfall of tears came rushing out as realization and reality hit you. Your world crumbled. You broke. You snapped. Utter depair.

Rider tried desperately to comfort you, "(Y/n), I—"

You weren't even depressed at this point. They weren't tears of sorrow. You felt anger, frustration, rage... Angry at Rider and your own incompetence. You didn't hate Rider, just yourself.

"I—" you tried to calm down as you trembled and bolted away, "I—I love you, R—Rider...! Don't forget that...!"

"(Y/n)!" Rider screamed, though not bothering to go after you, "Wait!"

Bolting away in tears of which were shown to the the public, you happened to come across Bamboo.

'Haha... That... sounds like a good idea—'

Before you knew it, you had grabbed onto her arm, and was dragging her off. Dragging her off to New Albacore Hotel.

'Albacore has water... Water for a squid means—'

It was intense. At a superhuman speed you charged into the ocean with a wailing Bamboo behind you. He screams getting drowned as she began to realize she wasn't getting kidnapped— but murdered.

Jumping off the edge for a graceful dive, you mumbled your last words as time seemed to stop.

"I don't hate you, Bamboo. I'm just in fucking love."

"RIDER! SOMEONE!! HEL—"

And 'hel' is where you ended up.

Because, indeed, Bamboo was killed in a blind rage.

-

A/n: AHAHAHHAA HOW DOES RIDER FEEL ABOUT THAT??!

I really wanted to write angst, so I did that.

I love this though: he chose Bamboo over you

Yeet

Other than the hydra, I generally don't see splatlings as backline weapons. But most ppl count the heavy so oof.

also this dood in my science class that i dont talk randomly gave me a nickname out of the blue wUt o_O

(Y/n)'s last words make her sound lesbian for bamboo

(adding this to berid of 999 words again lol)